Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues with variation details not displaying on category pages for some variable products in a bilingual WordPress site using WPML, WooCommerce, and WPBakery, the problem might be due to incorrect synchronization of product attributes and variations.
Solution:
We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes.
2. Select the attribute from which the variations were created.
3. Click the button at the bottom of the section to synchronize attributes. Repeat this for any other relevant attributes.
4. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status and click on the Troubleshooting link.
5. On the Troubleshooting page, follow the instructions shown in this screenshot and click the Start button.
6. Visit WPML > Support > Troubleshooting, select "Products" from the Dropdown under cleanup, click on the Synchronize Post Taxonomies Button, and repeat for "Variations".

If the issue persists, it might be due to WooCommerce's behavior of not displaying variation details for products with multiple variations on archive pages. This requires custom coding to alter. For further customization, you might consider hiring a developer from our recommended resources.

If attributes are still not showing in the translated version after completing these steps, ensure the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin is active, update the attribute and product in the default language, and then update the translation.

If these steps do not resolve your issue or if the solution seems outdated or irrelevant to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Please feel free to open a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 17, 2024 at 10:28 am #16079875

nataliaS-11

Background of the issue:
I am using WPML for language translation on my bilingual WordPress website, with Ukrainian as the primary language and Russian as the secondary language. The site also uses WP All Import for regular updates of product stock and pricing. We are using WPBakery for page building.

Symptoms:
On the category pages, variation details (such as color, size, and quantity) for some variable products are not displaying after the product title. This results in users seeing different prices for the same product without understanding the specific variation associated with each price. This issue does not affect all products—only some.

Questions:
Could you please assist in identifying the cause of this issue?
Could you provide guidance on how to resolve the issue of missing variation descriptions on category pages?

August 19, 2024 at 8:52 am #16082499

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're facing. It seems that the attributes or variations may not have been synchronized correctly for some products, which could be causing the problem. Please try the following steps and see if they help resolve the issue:

1. Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes.
2. Select the attribute from which the variations were created.
3. At the bottom of the section, you'll see a button to synchronize attributes. Click on that and wait until the attribute synchronization is completed. Repeat this process for any other attributes from which variations were created.
4. Once done, go to the WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status tab.
5. Click on the Troubleshooting link.
6. On the Troubleshooting page, select the options marked in this hidden link">screenshot, and then click the Start button.
7. Additionally, please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
8. From the Dropdown under cleanup, select "Products" and click on the Synchronize Post Taxonomies Button. Once done, do the same after selecting "Variations" from the Dropdown.

These steps should help in resolving the synchronization issue with your product attributes and variations.

However, if the issue persists, please share the link to the Category where the issue is happening. I will check and try my best to assist you in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

August 20, 2024 at 7:13 am #16085827

nataliaS-11

Good day!

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. Yesterday, I followed your steps to synchronize all categories and attributes, but unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. The problem still persists.

I can confirm that this issue occurs in almost every category containing variable products. In some products, the variation attributes are displayed correctly, while in others, they are not. I cannot understand the pattern or the cause.

For example, in this category hidden link, the attributes are displayed correctly for 10 variable products (SKU: 414, 121, 1309, 482, 111, 302, 226, 969, 341, 669).

However, for some variable products (SKU: 1303, 1304, 1305), the attributes are not displayed, even though the attributes used, such as “Volume,” are correctly displayed in other products on the same page.

For products with SKU: 224, 225, 465, and 242, the attributes also did not display automatically, so to address the issue, I had to manually add them in the Variation Title field. However, these manually added titles do not always appear in the Advanced Translations Editor. I have to manually input the translation in the Variation Title field by going to the product page in the other language.

The main problem is that I cannot understand the logic behind why the attributes display correctly for some products while others require a more complex workaround.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could advise on what might be causing this issue and how it can be resolved.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Nataliya

August 21, 2024 at 4:22 am #16088630

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Nataliya,
Thank you so much for the detailed update.

The reason some products do not show variation information on the archive page is that those products have more than one variation. When a product has only one variation, WooCommerce automatically adds the variation details (like color or size) to the product name, making it easier for customers to see what specific option is available without needing to visit the product page.

However, for products with multiple variations, WooCommerce does not display any variation details next to the product name. This is intentional because there are several options available, and it’s preferable to guide customers to the product page, where they can view and choose from all the available variations.

This behavior is standard and expected in WooCommerce. If you'd like to display variation details alongside the product name for products with more than one variation, it will require a custom coding solution. Please note that providing custom coding support falls outside the scope of our standard support services. However, you can hire a developer experienced in customizing WooCommerce from a freelance marketplace or through our recommended resources.

I hope you can understand.

Regarding the issue with certain products not displaying attributes in the translated version, if the translation is fully completed, the attributes should appear correctly without needing to be manually added.

If the attributes are still not showing up, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin is active.
2. Open the default product in the editor.
3. Update the attribute and save it first, then update the product.
4. After the product is updated, update the translation.
5. Clear your caches and check the translated product.

If the attribute still doesn’t appear in the translated version, please refer to the instructions I shared in my previous response, which often resolves issues with attributes and variations in translated products.

Please let me know the update. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit.

August 21, 2024 at 8:10 am #16088967

nataliaS-11

Hello Prosenjit!

Thank you so much for your explanation. I now understand how variations are displayed in WooCommerce.

I’ve also sorted out the translations.

I can say that the issue is resolved.

Thank you again for your work and assistance!

Best regards,
Natalia

nataliaS-11 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-21 08:10:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.