Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the language switcher is not visible on mobile devices, and only the default language appears without any dropdown menu for selecting other languages.
Solution:
We recommend checking if the translated pages are still in the review phase or saved as drafts, as this could be why the language switcher does not display other languages. Here are the steps to resolve the issue:
1. Ensure that the Translation review is completed by following this guide: How to review automatic translations on your site.
2. From the WordPress dashboard, switch to a secondary language using the language switcher in the top bar of the admin area.
3. Navigate to "Pages > All Pages."
4. Check if the status of the pages is set to 'Published'. If they are in 'Draft' status, publish them by clicking on the "Quick Edit" button below the page name and changing the status to Published.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Also, check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 16, 2024 at 7:24 pm #15742939

marcoM-189

Background of the issue:
I am trying to use the language switcher on my WordPress site hidden link. The language switcher works on desktop. does not work on mobile, there is not drop down menu for 3 languages

Symptoms:
On mobile, I see only the default language without any drop down menu.

Questions:
Why is the language switcher invisible on mobile?
How can I make the language switcher visible on mobile?

June 17, 2024 at 11:33 am #15745011

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having. When I checked your site, I noticed that the language switcher on the desktop is also showing only the Italian language flag, with no dropdown appearing. Please check this screenshot: hidden link

It is possible that the translated pages are currently in the review phase or saved as drafts, which is why the language switcher is not displaying the other language flags. Please try the following steps and see if they help resolve the issue:

- Please check this guide and make sure that the Translation review is completed.

1. From the WordPress dashboard, switch to a secondary language using the language switcher that appears on the top bar of the admin area.
2. Go to "Pages > All Pages."
3. Ensure the status of the pages is set to Published. If they are in 'Draft' status, it will be noted next to the name. To publish them, click on the "Quick Edit" button below the page name and change the page status to Published.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

June 17, 2024 at 5:37 pm #15746644

marcoM-189

Thank you....in the desktop i can see the dropdown menu for the 3 languages , i can't see in the mobile using brave and chrome browser.....all pages are pubblished ...all translations are done...i do not understand why i have this issue

stefano

June 17, 2024 at 5:41 pm #15746647

marcoM-189

aatached desktop screenshot

wpmlhome.jpg
June 18, 2024 at 5:16 am #15747169

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi Stefano,
Thank you for the update.

Since you're logged in as an Admin, you will be able to access the pages/posts saved as Drafts. This is why the language switcher shows other languages in the dropdown. However, if you check your website in an incognito window or as a guest user, you won't see the language switcher dropdown because unpublished pages/posts are not accessible to non-logged-in users.

Since one of the English translations has been published, the language switcher correctly displays the dropdown with the English language flag for that page. Please check this screenshot: hidden link

Therefore, I kindly request you to follow the instructions mentioned in my first message and verify that the translated pages are indeed available and published.

Please let me know the update. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

June 18, 2024 at 3:39 pm #15749973

marcoM-189

yes i found some pages in drafts and i published them and now the menu on mobile is woring thank you

stefano

marcoM-189 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-18 15:39:48.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.