Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported issues with link translations not reflecting on their multilingual website and problems with email notifications not being translated in languages other than the default (Italian). Additionally, there were errors accessing certain translated pages.
Solution:
We identified that the client had translated the incorrect link for the button on their website. We corrected the link translation, ensuring it now directs to the appropriate language version of the page. For the email notification issue, we suggested installing the "Email Log" plugin to further investigate and resolve the translation discrepancies. We also split the ticket to focus on the email notification issue separately, adhering to our policy of handling one issue per ticket to provide more efficient support.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also advise checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 21, 2024 at 10:09 am #15773454

marcoM-189

Background of the issue:
I changed links using advanced editor in translated page on my site hidden link. In the advanced editor, I can see the new links.

Symptoms:
The links are still the default ones on the website, and the changes do not seem to have any effect.

Questions:
Why are the changes to the links in the advanced editor not reflecting on the website?

June 21, 2024 at 2:06 pm #15775860

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching us. Yes, changing the links using the Advanced Translation Editor is the correct way as explained here https://wpml.org/zh-hans/announcements/2020/02/translating-links-with-advanced-translation-editor/

Since it's not working on your end, I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

June 24, 2024 at 6:47 am #15803323

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

Upon review, it seems that you've translated the incorrect link, as indicated in the attached screenshot where there are two identical links. I've translated the "Button link," and now the button directs to the correct language. I recommend checking again for any other button links that may be causing issues.

Regarding the link in the Motopress Hotel Booking account dashboard at hidden link , I'm not encountering a "Page not found" error. Could you please provide screenshots for clarification?

Could you also grant permission for me to install the "Email Log" plugin so I can investigate the email notification issue? Additionally, I will split the ticket to allow us to focus specifically on resolving the email notification translation issue, aligning with our support policy of addressing one issue per ticket. This approach helps our support team concentrate on each issue individually and facilitates quicker solutions for other users seeking assistance.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 2.39.11 PM.png
June 24, 2024 at 10:45 am #15805746
marcoM-189

OK thank you, yes the english version with correct link works....the spanish not yet........the right link of the button in spanish home page is hidden link
now there is still the italian link

Actually today i cant access to the spanish page(the translation of hidden link)...the editor give me "errror to apply the translation" message in spanish

regarding the my account link i'm talking of the dashboard after the user login

For example
go in the spanish web site in the menu reservas->mi cuenta
use this to login
stefano.stefano-9506
ve^&uGM^Ge8C

you will see the dashboard with links : reservas and quenta
before i got not found error......today the above links do not open notihng , the browser try to open but then remain in the dashboard page.

Today the translation of the new user email notification with login details has been translated correctly, i received the email in spanish (wpml has autorepair?:):):) few days ago was not working and i received the email in italian default lang.

i will test the new user email in english later, unfortunally i must use a fresh email that has never been used to make a booking and receive this email

Yes you can install email log if necessary and you can split tickets

New threads created by Kor and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/email-notification-translation-issue/

June 24, 2024 at 1:58 pm #15807839

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've translated the Spanish button link for you and could you please check?

Also, I'm able to edit this page hidden link without issues as shown in the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_288.png
Screenshot_287.png
June 26, 2024 at 5:18 am #15829305

marcoM-189

ok i will check .....i will have access to a pc this afternoon...

June 27, 2024 at 8:29 am #15841769

marcoM-189

yes both translations buttons work...english and spanish. One questin, do i have to use advanced editor to modify translated page or may i use the classic editor ?, sometime i need to meke changes in the page' structure and i think i can modify directly some text too.

thank you for you assistance

stefano

June 27, 2024 at 3:27 pm #15845235

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

If you're using the Advanced Translation Editor, it's important to stick with it for translating the page. Switching between the Advanced Translation Editor and the Classic Translation Editor might result in some translations being lost. You can read more about it here https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/switching-from-classic-to-advanced-translation-editor/

marcoM-189 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-27 08:29:37.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.