Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 70 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 26, 2023 at 4:43 pm

Chainalysis

Hi, I'm having an issue where new translations fail to appear on a page, and I suspect that someone might have used the WordPress editor to edit the translated page at some point.

October 26, 2023 at 5:37 pm
October 27, 2023 at 8:50 am #14676535

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but in order to proceed with troubleshooting, we kindly request a site snapshot. Alternatively, with your permission, we can create a snapshot on our own.

For this purpose, we typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you are already familiar with how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To assist you further, please follow these instructions:
Watch the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

Refer to the instructions provided by WPML on how to provide supporters a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the archive file exceeds 400MB in size, please utilize Duplicator's file filters to exclude the cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file, please share the link with us. You can use services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar platforms as the snapshot file will likely be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the link to the file there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

October 27, 2023 at 3:38 pm #14681283

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, the Duplicator plugin is not compatible with the Pantheon hosting platform, unfortunately. This is a problem that we discovered in past support threads.

October 27, 2023 at 3:47 pm #14681293

Chainalysis

Kor, it looks like one of my earlier messages didn't go through, from about 19 hours ago.

Yesterday after we chatted, I had to update the "Native PHP Sessions for WordPress" plugin that WPML relies on, at least on Pantheon-hosted environments.

This update doesn't solve the existing problem with translation sync, but I've updated and reset the "wpml-chainalysis" test environment so that you are working with the latest bug fixes from our production environment.

Feel free to deactivate any plugins or switch to a stock theme as needed. Whatever the fix is, we need it to work on Pantheon hosting.

October 30, 2023 at 2:36 pm #14692891

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Alright then, I will check and revert as quickly as possible.

November 1, 2023 at 5:34 pm #14709513

Chainalysis

Hello, it's been a couple of days so I'm following up.

Do you need anything else from me in order to troubleshoot this?

November 1, 2023 at 6:55 pm #14710013

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and it seems to be caused by some of your cache plugins. This is what I've done.

1. Deleted the German language page.
2. Duplicated the EN language to DE Language.
3. Edited the DE Language page and set it as "Translate Independently"
4. Go back to the EN language page and translate it

Now it shows fine hidden link

Could you check?

November 1, 2023 at 7:09 pm #14710083

Chainalysis

Hi Kor, is it true that if we select "Translate Independently", that this "unsyncs the secondary language page so your design or translations won’t be overwritten when you update the default language page"?

But if so, we _do_ want the translated versions to remain in sync with the original, and we'd like to continue to use the ATE for translations, please.

So this might not solve our problem, if this is how "Translate Independently" works.

November 1, 2023 at 7:11 pm #14710091

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

The "Translate Independently" will unlink the "copy" which will then allow you to translate the page using the "Advanced Translation Editor". This means, if you want to use "Advanced Translation Editor" on a duplicated page, you need to select "Translate Independently".

November 1, 2023 at 7:14 pm #14710095

Chainalysis

Hmm, can you tell me why the original page in question seemed to be duplicated?

We are experiencing the sync problems on pages that are not duplicated, or so I believe.

November 1, 2023 at 7:50 pm #14710917

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've performed the same steps here hidden link but the post is showing an empty white page. Could be some cache-related issue? This is what I've done hidden link

But it works when I cloned the page here hidden link

Maybe you can check your server logs?

November 1, 2023 at 8:00 pm #14710965

Chainalysis

No problem, can do.

I see that you deactivated Yoast SEO, the object cache, and the hosting (Pantheon) platform's advanced page cache plugins. Please note that the advanced page cache plugin actually helps to clear the page cache as soon as content is updated, so you might want to activate that one again while you're making changes on this test site.

There are no WordPress debugging errors but I do see these three (3) recent PHP errors in the log:

2023/11/01 19:45:50 [error] 9#9: *101 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$status_id in /code/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/ATE/class-wpml-tm-ate.php on line 57" while reading upstream, client: 10.1.1.28, server: , request: "GET /wp-admin/post.php?post=69&action=edit&lang=en HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link:", host: "wpml-chainalysis.pantheonsite.io", referrer: "hidden link"

2023/11/01 19:46:32 [error] 8#8: *128 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$status_id in /code/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/ATE/class-wpml-tm-ate.php on line 57" while reading upstream, client: 10.1.6.124, server: , request: "GET /wp-admin/post.php?post=69&action=edit&lang=en&admin_bar=1 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link:", host: "wpml-chainalysis.pantheonsite.io", referrer: "hidden link"

2023/11/01 19:46:49 [error] 11#11: *107 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$status_id in /code/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/ATE/class-wpml-tm-ate.php on line 57" while reading upstream, client: 10.1.65.157, server: , request: "GET /wp-admin/post.php?post=69&action=edit&lang=en&admin_bar=1&complete_no_changes=1&ate_original_id=81630299&complete=true&ate_job_id=81630299&ate_status=6 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link:", host: "wpml-chainalysis.pantheonsite.io", referrer: "hidden link"

November 1, 2023 at 8:02 pm #14710967

Chainalysis

hidden link

If I attempt to edit this ^^ page that you shared, I see this message in the WP editor:

Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML.

So it looks like the page translation is somehow incomplete or stuck?

November 1, 2023 at 8:04 pm #14710971

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

That page is not broken and there are console errors. It's coming from the theme. Let me check further.

Screenshot_217.png

The topic ‘[Closed] new translations fail to appear on a page’ is closed to new replies.