Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 31, 2024 at 6:50 pm #15251298

hagedornb

The plugin has been installed and 4 languages have been selected. It is a site dedicated to the protection of children on the Internet. However, hardly anything was translated.

2024-01-31 19_43_17-О нас — Maries Mission und 4 weitere Seiten - Geschäftlich – Microsoft​ Edge.png
January 31, 2024 at 7:03 pm #15251349

hagedornb

I Think there is a problem with text in Elemtor Boxes. So i need still help

January 31, 2024 at 7:53 pm #15251663

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi,

Are you currently using the automatic translation feature to translate the site?

Please go to pages and locate the home page -> do you see a "pencil" icon for the translation or "gear" icon?

Click on the translation icon and let me know if you see the translation correctly added in the Advanced Translation Editor. Or is the content missing from the backend editor as well?

January 31, 2024 at 8:16 pm #15251970

hagedornb

HI,Unfortunately, there is no text. The text was written with Elementor. Can WPML do that? If not, it would be a pity. Because even under about you he translates the texts that are written by elementor editor, not below where we introduce ourselves, but he does

2024-01-31 21_14_41-Advanced Translation Editor - WPML - Geschäftlich – Microsoft​ Edge.png
February 1, 2024 at 7:47 pm #15256854

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the screenshot!

Yes, WPML is fully compatible with Elementor. Now there are some custom widgets or third party Elementor Elements that we might not be officially compatible with but these can be added to the editor through our wpml config.xml

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

If possible, please share with me which Elementor Element is used on the page to add the text, is it a native Element or from a third party plugin or theme?

February 1, 2024 at 8:13 pm #15256892

hagedornb

Hi Bobby, I think it's native. I'm not sure though. And I'm not that fit as far as that goes. A very stupid question on the side, would it be an option if I create a user and give them the login data and we take a look at it together? I mean, we finally bought it and maybe we'll get it up and running, because the plan is to offer it for our other projects as well. Provided it does what it's supposed to.

February 1, 2024 at 8:49 pm #15256985

Bobby
Supporter

I'd be happy to take a closer look

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

February 3, 2024 at 11:19 pm #15262822

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

I was able to confirm that the Elements used to create the page originated from the theme ChildIt from SmartDataSoft and they are not native Elementor elements which are 100% compatible with WPML'a Advanced Translation Editor.

For these elements to be picked up by the editor and translated we need to register them using the wpml-config.xml

You can see how to do this here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Especially this part:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/#register-custom-elementor-widget-for-translation

and Documentation on how to use our Multilingual Tools Plugin to do this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/registering-custom-elementor-widgets-for-translation/

Please review the documentation and let me know your results, if this is outside your comfort level update me here and I will be happy to assist.

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 3.13.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 3.12.46 PM.png

The topic ‘[Closed] Page has not been translated’ is closed to new replies.