This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 3:55 am #3753769

helenO

This is a continuation of a previous ticket, which was being dealt with by Raja Mohammed.

It was determined that there is conflict with a plugin - Academic Blogger Toolkit (ABT), which causes the coding for collapsable text to not work on the translated page (it works fine on the original). Temporarily disabling the ABT plugin causes the code the work and the text to collapse as it should, but disabling ABT isn't a viable option for me. Are there other solutions?

Cheers,
Helen

May 7, 2019 at 7:41 am #3754847

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Helen.

On a quick search that I've just made, I couldn't find any about the Academic Blogger Toolkit in our forum or internal documentation.
Can you please share with me the link to ticket that you are mentioning that Rajs handled?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 9, 2019 at 2:12 am #3771987

helenO

Hi Itamar,

I dont think a ticket was created for this, but the chat conversation was sent to me via email afterward. not sure of your email to forward it to you so have copy and pasted below:

Raja Mohammed : Good Day 🙂
helenO : helllo Raja

Raja Mohammed : Hi Helen, I am checking your issue. Please stay online.
helenO : ok

Raja Mohammed : If I understand the issue the section should collapse on click? is that correct?
helenO : correct, where \'Genus Scombridae\' is, and others below it

Raja Mohammed : Thanks, I can see some javascript error in the console. Thats coming from an owlcarousal script.
Raja Mohammed : Is that added from theme options?
helenO : Sorry i dont really understand.no thats what i have added.
Raja Mohammed : Okay maybe from your developers. since it targetting specific post id this should be added from a custom location in your dashboard. May I have access to your site?
helenO : the code is the same in the English version, and it works fine

helenO : yes, one moment
helenO : Username:********************
Password:********************

Raja Mohammed : thanks, checking..
Raja Mohammed : Please enable the debug mode, To enable it, open your wp-config.php file using FTP and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define(\'WP_DEBUG\', true);
define( \'WP_DEBUG_LOG\', true );

Raja Mohammed : Let me know if you can perform the above operation.
helenO : looking

helenO : ok have found wp--config.php

helenO : should i do a backup before proceeding?

Raja Mohammed : Not necessary. please paste the above code.
helenO : connection is poor! i am still here!

Raja Mohammed : Sure. let me know once done. I will online.
helenO : i have changed this define(\'WP_DEBUG\', true);
helenO : but i do not see: define(\'WP_DEBUG_LOG\', true);
Raja Mohammed : Please add it. if you can\'t find
helenO : directly below the other?

Raja Mohammed : Yes.
helenO : ok and save changes
Raja Mohammed : Thanks, Let me check.
Raja Mohammed : Please add another line below the above mentioned code.

define(\'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY\', false);
helenO : done

Raja Mohammed : thanks.
Raja Mohammed : Seems like the plugin academic-bloggers-toolkit is causing the issue. Try disabling the plugin for a while.
helenO : That is an important plugin, i cant really stop using it. The collapse works on the English versions
Raja Mohammed : I can see the plugin is causing a fatal error in the debug log. Is that possible to temporarily disable the plugin so that I can confirm the issue?
helenO : yes i can disable temporarily, one moment

Raja Mohammed : Sure 🙂
Raja Mohammed : You can secure a backup if you fear losing the plugin data.
helenO : yes i think i will!

helenO : this may take some time though

Raja Mohammed : Sure I will be online. or if you wish you can check the page hidden link after disabling the plugin and connect to us later.
helenO : OK, website backup has started... once it it complete I will disable the plugin and check that page.
helenO : hopefully this doesn\'t disconnect!
Raja Mohammed : Sure 🙂
Raja Mohammed : Hello Helen, Any update?
Raja Mohammed : Hi Helen, It seems it would take longer than expected. I am closing here. Please check the link after plugin deactivation, Please Create a new chat or forum ticket with the results.
The state of this thread is:
Closed

Thanks,
Helen

May 9, 2019 at 8:59 pm #3779351

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

Since Raja is the supporter that started to work on this issue and has all the details, I assigned this ticket to him. Raja will reply here when he would be online as he is on another time zone.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

May 10, 2019 at 11:29 am #3783717

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi helen,

I'm not sure whether the plugin is just conflicting only with the accordion display or with the whole of WPML let me try to check some alternative solution, For that, I request you to clone your site to our private server. the details about migration will be sent in my next reply.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] plugin conflict’ is closed to new replies.