Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to download menus in languages other than the default in WordPress and is asking if there is an official solution to this issue.
Solution:
We informed the client that there is currently no official solution for downloading localized menus via WPML GraphQL. However, we have a feature request to implement this functionality in our WPML GraphQL Add-On. We also provided a link to a GitHub project that might be of help, with a disclaimer that it is not our project and we cannot guarantee its full functionality: https://github.com/rburgst/gatsby-source-wordpress-menus.

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case. If this is the case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 26, 2024 at 6:04 am #15567822

adrianC-27

Hi,
I am unable to download menus in languages other than the default in WP. I know this thread has already appeared, does this issue already have an official solution?

Is there an option for me to get access to the hidden link from this thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-graphql-localized-menus-no-longer-accessible/?

WP: 6.5.2
WP GraphQL: 1.24
WPML GraphQL: 1.0.0

April 26, 2024 at 7:43 am #15568270

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the hidden link was this GitHub project: hidden link (just as disclaimer, this project is not from us, and we can't guarantee if it fully works).

Currently, there is no official solution, but we have already a feature request to implement it this functionality in our WPML GraphQL Add-On.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 26, 2024 at 8:56 am #15569394

adrianC-27

Do you perhaps have a solution related to Next.js? Do you know perhaps the date for the official implementation of this?

April 26, 2024 at 9:30 am #15569641

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

not in particular. WPML GraphQL extends the capabilities of the WPGraphQL plugin, enabling multilingual support within the GraphQL schema. This allows you to use WPGraphQL, Next.js, Gatsby, and any other front-end technologies to build multilingual headless WordPress sites.

Currently, there is no ETA for the implementation of this functionality.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 29, 2024 at 7:49 am #15575188

adrianC-27

Ok, I understand. Is there an option, using the options page from ACF to get its second language version?

April 29, 2024 at 7:58 am #15575361

Marcel
Supporter

Yes,

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/translating-the-acf-options-page-custom-fields-with-wpml/#translating-options-page-custom-fields. So basically, you can change the setting to "Same Fields" and switch the language switcher on the top-bar to maintain the translation version directly in the input forms.

And if you call "acf_add_options_page()" or "acf_add_options_sub_page()", the requested language version will be loaded from there.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 29, 2024 at 8:12 am #15575374

adrianC-27

Maybe I'll be more precise, I'm talking about downloading the second language version, but via graphQL

April 29, 2024 at 5:07 pm #15578392

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I think you will not have the language field there, but as best you can, verify this in the GraphiQL IDE (Query Explorer). Officially, we support only posts, taxonomies, and comments and the retrieval of language data for objects and nodes.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 30, 2024 at 5:58 am #15579261

adrianC-27

Is there a non-official option that will help resolve this issue so that I can use two language versions of the options page(in graphQL)? Do I need to change the solution?

April 30, 2024 at 1:49 pm #15581533

Marcel
Supporter

I checked this on a Sandbox and can't find a way to fetch the option page. It seems there is no implementation yet in GraphQL itself: hidden link

There is no solution to this problem until the menus are fully implemented in our Add-On.

Best Regards
Marcel

August 26, 2024 at 12:14 pm #16104370

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

we release WPML GraphQL 1.1.0 today: https://wpml.org/compatibility/2024/08/wpml-graphql-1-1-0-multilingual-support-for-menus-and-enhanced-post-queries/.

Best Regards,
Marcel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.