Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 25, 2023 at 3:52 pm #14460347

aske-schouN

Hi Alejandro. I saw your video, and will have a look at it, but decided to push it aside for now.

In the meantime I have another issue when using the theme builder for translations.

I followed each step from https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#creating-different-elementor-templates-per-language.
** the template doesnt show on the page and I basically have plain page showing only.

I then tried with this guide https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#creating-different-elementor-templates-for-specific-posts-and-pages-in-secondary-languages.
** When I clicked on view the live site after having created and published the single page - in this case in spanish - the view was fine. But when I then click the page from where it is linked on the home page I get the plain html page again.

I tried updating the home page and updating permalinks. I tried finding the link manually in the translator, but it wasnt there.

Here is the "course page" I am trying to translate: hidden link.

I am basically trying to implement your recommendation of using the templates, and I have started with these courses. The template is up and working in the main language.

I am totally confused right now.

Kind regards,
Aske

September 25, 2023 at 4:21 pm #14460783

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

the main issue here is not with WPML actually but with elementor.

right now the main template for teh courses is not being applied so the translated one won't either (it was in the trash, by the way. i restored it so we could test it).

You can add any change to the template and know that it's not being applied to the desired page. instead you seem to have another template added somewhere. if you don't have a "single page" template that is applied to all the pages (which i don't think you have) then you may probably be seeing the template you were adding to the actual page.

If that's the case, please talk to the elementor support and ask them how you can overcome this situation because i bet this is not an uncommon scenario for them but it' exactly what's blocking you from moving forward.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with theme builder usage with translations’ is closed to new replies.