Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing an issue where some pages are not translating from English to Arabic and are stuck with 'Refreshing Translation Status' indefinitely, especially when using elements from the Bricksable plugin with the Bricks theme, it might be due to a compatibility issue.
Solution:
We have identified that the problem occurs when adding an element like Flipbox from the Bricksable plugin. A fatal error is logged, indicating a compatibility issue between WPML, Bricks, and Bricksable. To address this, you can try editing the file

wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/wpml/wpml.php

at line 359. Replace the existing code with the following:

if( is_array( $bricks_elements[ $index ]['settings'][ $setting_key ] ) ) {
    continue;
}
$path = &$bricks_elements[ $index ]['settings'][ $setting_key ][ $repeater_index ][ $repeater_key ];

This change may allow the translation to complete, but be aware that the translated content of the Flipbox might not display on the frontend. Additionally, since Bricksable is not listed in our compatible plugins directory, we recommend reaching out to the plugin's author and suggesting they join our Go Global program to work on compatibility with WPML.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waleed Hemade 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
March 21, 2024 at 10:57 pm #15438457

Waleed Hemade

Hello,

I had this issue on another site and Lauren helped me out. I've tried her solution but not working this time!

Some pages when translated from English to Arabic, gives Refreshing Translation Status for ever. I've tried deleting the job and do all the sync steps in the troubleshooting page but no luck. Duplicated the content from English to Arabi then tried to update translation, but no luck. I need your help on this issue please.

Thanks.

March 22, 2024 at 4:28 am #15438688

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Waleed,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

March 25, 2024 at 2:45 am #15444533

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

After doing some tests on your site, I see that:

1. If I create a new page with Bricks element only, I can translate the page completely into Arabic language.

2. If I add an element from the plugin Bricksable, for example Flipbox, the issue happens and there is a fatal error in the log:

[25-Mar-2024 02:07:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/wpml/wpml.php:359
Stack trace:
#0 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): Bricks\Integrations\Wpml\Wpml->wpml_page_builder_string_translated()
#1 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#2 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#3 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/strategy/api-hooks/class-wpml-pb-update-api-hooks-in-content.php(13): do_action()
#4 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/class-wpml-pb-update-post.php(62): WPML_PB_Update_API_Hooks_In_Content->update()
#5 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/class-wpml-pb-update-post.php(38): WPML_PB_Update_Post->update_post()
#6 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/class-wpml-pb-string-translation-by-strategy.php(47): WPML_PB_Update_Post->update()
#7 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/class-wpml-pb-integration.php(323): WPML_PB_String_Translation_By_Strategy->save_translations_to_post()
#8 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Fns.php(175): WPML_PB_Integration->{closure}()
#9 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}()
#10 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(154): call_user_func_array()
#11 [internal function]: WPML\FP\{closure}()
#12 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Fns.php(164): array_map()
#13 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}()
#14 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(154): call_user_func_array()
#15 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}()
#16 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php(56): call_user_func_array()
#17 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Fns.php(169): WPML\FP\Fns::__callStatic()
#18 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}()
#19 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(154): call_user_func_array()
#20 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}()
#21 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php(56): call_user_func_array()
#22 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/class-wpml-pb-integration.php(288): WPML\FP\Fns::__callStatic()
#23 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Shared/st/class-wpml-pb-integration.php(322): WPML_PB_Integration->with_strategies()
#24 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): WPML_PB_Integration->save_translations_to_post()
#25 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#26 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#27 /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-includes/load.php(1260): do_action()
#28 [internal function]: shutdown_action_hook()
#29 {main}
  thrown in /home/egyadmin/domains/olives.egyptsupplies.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/wpml/wpml.php on line 359

So it is a compatibility issue between WPML, Bricks and the addon plugin Bricksable. If I edit the file wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/integrations/wpml/wpml.php line 259 and replace the code:

$path = &$bricks_elements[ $index ]['settings'][ $setting_key ][ $repeater_index ][ $repeater_key ];

with this one:

if( is_array( $bricks_elements[ $index ]['settings'][ $setting_key ] ) ) {
	continue;
}

then the translation is completed but the translation content of the Flipbox is not displayed in the frontend.

The plugin Bricksable is not available in our list of compatible plugins https://wpml.org/plugin/. I also suggest you contact the plugin author and ask them to join our Go Global program where our Compatibility developers will help them to make their product compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Thanks.

March 25, 2024 at 11:33 am #15446194

Waleed Hemade

Thank you so much Long for helping me out and pinpointing the root cause.

I've removed the Bricksable flip box from the About Page, added a normal heading for "Our Vision" and a text box, same for "Our Vision", also, fixed a couple of translations. But all updates to the English page are not reflected to the Arabic page. As if the pages are separated, or the old page is cached (I'm not using caching and I've tried clearing WPML cache).

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.28.42 PM copy.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.28.31 PM copy.jpg
March 26, 2024 at 1:49 am #15449302

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I edit the page with Bricks builder > Make a small change to the content > Save > Update the translation and the translation content displayed in the frontend. Please check the attached screenshot.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

‎‫عن التكتل – اوليف بلوم مصر‬‎ 2024-03-26 08-48-02.jpg
March 26, 2024 at 2:45 pm #15451746

Waleed Hemade

Not sure why it was not working and yes it is working now!

Thank you so much Long.

Waleed Hemade confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-26 14:46:01.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.