Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 22, 2023 at 5:10 pm

oldrichH

Hi, I have a staging version of the site where I tested removing the WPML language with all other plugins deactivated, and removing the language took from 15:39 to 19:10. I don't understand why it takes so long when I added the language just to export the files in translation for analysis. I suspect that ajax is not working, because I had to confirm the deletion of attachments many times, each time the window lost focus. Is this normal behavior or does WPML not support the Brave browser?

March 22, 2023 at 5:55 pm
March 22, 2023 at 8:17 pm #13309083

oldrichH

The name of the issue is incorrect. Removing the language took 3 hours and 31 minutes.
If you mean, that French language has been removed, it was not.

Image 2023 23 22 001.png
March 23, 2023 at 7:17 am #13311557

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

So the removal of the French took as many hours and after site reload, it was in fact never removed?

Can I ask you the following? In order to debug this issue, I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and escalate further to 2nd tier.

I will exclude all the media files, etc, to keep the package minimal.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could do this. I marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 23, 2023 at 1:30 pm
March 23, 2023 at 1:57 pm #13315957

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

We cannot use our debugging tools on your website, that's why we need to download Duplicator package so we could replicate on our own.

I excluded all the media files from the duplicator package and now it has 207.35MB only.

With your permission I will download files and will see with our 2nd tier about checking this further.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 24, 2023 at 8:35 pm #13326481

oldrichH

You have my permission, as I noticed that duplicator package is available for download. Thank you, let me know.

March 27, 2023 at 11:47 am #13338111

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This is escalated to our 2nd tier team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 28, 2023 at 7:47 am #13346369

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'm afraid I have no solution or workaround, apart from repeating the process several times until finished:

I tried this on my localhost and you can see how it works, it removes e.g. 100 images and about 1-2 minutes, even though this can vary because I did this when I disabled all the other plug-ins on the website.

hidden link

The code in wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/post-translation/endpoints/DeleteTranslatedContentOfLanguages.php is responsible for this. That runs the logic in \WPML\DatabaseQueries\TranslatedPosts::getIdsForLangs in wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/database-queries/translated-posts.php which obtains the IDs of all posts in said language.

However due to complexity of all this we have no workaround that would speed things up I'm afraid.

That being said, this issue has been escalated to WPML developers.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get any new information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos