Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.80 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomW-28 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Author Posts
June 25, 2024 at 2:58 pm #15822123

tomW-28

Background of the issue:
I am trying to ensure that my site hidden link is recognized as a production instance. I changed the site to production in the settings on WPML.

Symptoms:
The admin backend shows the site as development even though it is registered as production.

Questions:
Why does the admin backend still show the site as development after changing the settings to production?

June 25, 2024 at 7:08 pm #15824681

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for waiting. It's possible to set the site key via wp-config.php. You can check more details here:
https://wpml.org/faq/automatic-wpml-registration-using-php-for-easy-moves-between-production-development-and-staging/

Best regards,
Lucas Vidal

June 26, 2024 at 2:15 pm #15834839

tomW-28

I've done that now, and I can see that the env var is picked up by PHP, but it still says it's registered as a development site on the website.

June 26, 2024 at 3:07 pm #15835283

tomW-28

see here how it's both registered and a development site. It's quite annoying though as we get the footer banner that we have an unregistered plugin across our website, when we have in fact paid you.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 16.05.47.png
June 26, 2024 at 6:05 pm #15836537

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Have you generated a new production key? If not, please generate a new production key and insert that into your wp-config.php file. If you've already done that, please let me know. I'll check with our devs how you can register a new key in your custom environment.

June 27, 2024 at 12:08 pm #15843719

tomW-28

Yes, I deleted the previous key which was in use for our development domain and generated a new one for the production site, I then added that to the variables as per your instructions

June 27, 2024 at 6:40 pm #15846093

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Thank you for sharing your results.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

June 28, 2024 at 11:49 am #15851609

tomW-28

It's quite an ISO issue for me to give you this access. Can I ask how the API key is encoded in the db, because i've found the table, so I'd like to try updating the value with the new key I generated but it's not an MD5 hash.

June 28, 2024 at 12:18 pm #15851731

tomW-28

I figured out how to fix it myself

tomW-28 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-28 12:18:31.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.