This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4184009

fernandoL-19

Hello.
I work in a company that has a WordPress website (hidden link), with the Astra free theme and the Elementor Pro page builder. The PHP version is 7.3.
It uses 2 languages (Brazilian Portuguese as default, and English).
I've compared the performance with both WPML plugin enabled and disabled.
Enabled, it more than doubles the page loading time (3 seconds while disabled, to more than 6 seconds enabled). It happens randomly, sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's much slower.

The first bottleneck was the Theme, I switched from Uncode to Astra, and it greatly improved performance.
But as soon as more posts and categories were added, the site became slower and slower.
I tried disabling most plugins, but i saw that WPML was decreasing the site performance more than other plugins... The internet here is normal too.
I tried all tutorials and configurations, cleaned some trash from database, used WP-Optimize plugin to optimize the database, removed unecessary plugins (unfortunately we need a lot of them), but the performance is still not good..

I've tried the Query Monitor plugin, and in home page it shows some slow queries that are related with wpml.
What can I do to increase the site performance?
Maybe some tweak in the queries / database?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

July 10, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4184623

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

We would kindly like to ask you to provide a Duplicator package.

The package we received seems to seperate the site content and the database and we can not migrate the site in this manner.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator is free of use for backups up to 500MB and the package includes any content, themes, plugins and the database. As your site seems to exceed this limit there is a workaround.

In the first step of the Duplicator package creation process you are able to set filters for folders that will be excluded from the package building process.

You can simply add the filters for cache and uploads and it should bring your backup package to a minimal size.

More information here:
hidden link

In case of any issues please let me know. I can offer to create a package with Duplicator PRO in case you provide access to the site.

I have enabled the private box for your next reply. Please also add here a list of your plugins and theme for our developers who will revise your site and apply fixes into the upcoming version of CMS Multilingual and String Translation.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 30, 2019 at 9:01 am #4305945

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Andreas is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

We used many sites like you in order to test our new beta String Translation module. That's not public yet but the beta will be available real soon.
In the meantime i think i can provide you with a workaround but I would like to run further tests on your installation.

Would you please make the google drive link public so i can access it, please? i asked for permission so you could grant it so i can continue.

Let me know so i can test it on a staging environment first and then i can either apply it to your site and tell you how to do it.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Slow website performance’ is closed to new replies.