Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with incorrect strings showing in the Rankmath meta information of their multisite WordPress installation.
Solution:
1. We resolved the issue on the main site by translating the meta description using the WPML Translation Editor.
2. We translated global metadata through WPML > String Translation.
3. In some instances, we navigated to WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens, searched for the site title and tagline, added them to WPML String Translation, and then translated them.
4. We reminded the client that WPML needs to be installed and activated on each subsite of a multisite network, as content is handled independently and cannot be connected across subsites.
5. We requested network access to the multisite to assist further with the /journal/ subsite issues.
6. We provided links to guides that could help with understanding the integration of Rankmath and WPML for multilingual SEO:

If this solution doesn't seem relevant to your situation, please open a new support ticket so we can assist you further.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lamineD 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 30, 2024 at 9:42 pm #15246584

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Did you read these guides already?

hidden link

and

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-websites-using-rank-math-and-wpml/

No, I do not have access to hidden link

On Admin Bar > My Sites I only have access to hidden link.

Also, hidden link shows a fatal error.

January 31, 2024 at 8:55 am #15247954

lamineD

Andreas, I gave up on you. We have a real communication problem, and I can waste more time.
I am still confused, and your answers are not sharp.
So, I prefer to close the discussion with you and start another with another support engineer.
it's not you personally, it's not me, it's us. We can't communicate smoothly.

Regards

lamineD confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-31 08:59:55.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.