Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to translate a component called "kt_woo_extras" to display gallery photos correctly on English product pages. Additionally, there was an issue with the Kadence Shop Kit Size Chart not displaying correctly in different languages.

Solution:
For the "kt_woo_extras" component, the client successfully copied the necessary code from the sandbox site to their production site via String Translation, resolving the issue for English products.

For the Size Chart issue:
1. Open the file

.../wp-content/plugins/kadence-woo-extras/lib/sizechart/kt-size-chart.php

2. Locate line 245.
3. Before the line

$btn_text = get_post_meta( $chartid, '_kt_woo_btn_text', true );

, add the following code:

$chartid = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $chartid, 'kt_size_chart' );

This workaround should correct the Size Chart display issue for different languages.

We will also reach out to the plugin author to discuss this solution.

If this solution does not seem relevant to your situation, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
December 15, 2023 at 7:26 am #15069719
marieN-4

Hello Drazen,
1) I checked our previous ticket about a new component created, called "kt_woo_extras"(and we needed to translate it to get the galery photos displayed correctly on the ENG product pages).

2)I went to the sand box (the test site you provided me and where the Kadence Shop kit is working fine for Variation Switches,after I'd done the necessary installation.)

3) So I verified there the same "kt_woo_extras" and I saw this:

{"variation_swatches":true,"swatches_type":"radio_box","product_gallery":true,"ga_slider_layout":"left","size_charts":true}

4) I copied it and put on my production site (String translation) and it is working well on the ENGLISH products, so it is OK. See the screen shot attached.

This way I can do the necessary changes in future, if I wish, by 1 modification in the String Translation of "kt_woo_extras".

Dear Drazen, so we can close this ticket on Variation Swatches, because this solution, that I've just described is ok for me : I will not be obliged to do it manually one by one on each product ENG page.

We should just find now, in the next ticket, why the Kadence Shop kit "Size chart" is not working well for FR and ENG sides, why the Size chart is always the same on both FR and ENG sides.

Please help.

Best regards,
Marie

New threads created by Dražen Duvnjak and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-kadence-galleries-fatal-error-unknown-format-specifier-t/

December 15, 2023 at 7:47 am #15069739

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I checked your website and couldn't find a solution, can you please try to reproduce the issue on the next sandbox:

- hidden link

Also, I have encountered fatal error with Kadance Galleries so I have disabled this plugin for now and opened a new ticket for this:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-kadence-galleries-fatal-error-unknown-format-specifier-t/

Regards,
Drazen

December 15, 2023 at 8:15 am #15070017

marieN-4

Hello, Drazen!

The issue with the Size chart is reproduced on your Sandbox site. Please see it. The version of French size chart " Guide des tailles FRANÇAIS" is displayed on both FR and ENG product page, and not only French side, even though the ENG size chart exists and published too.

December 15, 2023 at 10:35 am #15071263

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks.

I have now escalated this to our compatibility team to check and advise further.

I will update you soon.

Regards,
Drazen

December 18, 2023 at 11:55 am #15083939

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

our team checked and found a workaround:

Workaround
Open .../wp-content/plugins/kadence-woo-extras/lib/sizechart/kt-size-chart.php.

Look for line 245.

Just before:

$btn_text             = get_post_meta( $chartid, '_kt_woo_btn_text', true );

Add:

$chartid = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $chartid, 'kt_size_chart' );

I tested and seems to be working fine, please try.

We will also try to contact the plugin author and share this with them.

Regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.