Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was facing issues with WPForms not translating 'United States' to Arabic and the navigation menu changing unexpectedly after attempting to translate the currency switcher.
Solution:
We logged into the client's site and successfully translated 'USD' to Arabic, ensuring it displayed correctly on the frontend without affecting the navigation menu. We recommend clearing your cache if you encounter similar issues, as this might resolve temporary display problems. Additionally, we registered the currency label for translation via the Admin screen. You can now navigate to WPML > String Translation, search for the currency, and translate it into other languages.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If issues persist, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 25, 2024 at 3:00 am #15814309

abhT

Thank you so much for assistance!

Regarding WPForms, it doesn't seem to work. For instance, I tried translating "United States" to Arabic, but nothing changed, or the correct strings did not appear.

*Please, if you do not mind, I tried to translate the currency switcher, but after translation it caused an issue to the nav menu. I found that the nav menu became like the screenshot, and all the menus moved to the English section. I need you to check it and translate it, please. I don't understand why the navigation menu changed like that.

June 25, 2024 at 3:09 am #15814406

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well.

I understand you encountered an issue with the menu while translating the currency. Since you provided site access in the other ticket, I logged in and translated USD into Arabic. This translation is now displaying correctly on the frontend(Screenshot: hidden link), and the menu remains unaffected. Please refer to the attached screenshot for confirmation.

The issue you experienced might have been temporary, possibly due to caching. Rest assured, the menu items appear correctly on the back end.

I have also registered the currency label for translation from the Admin screen. You can now go to "WPML > String Translation," search for the currency, and translate it into other languages.

I hope it helps. Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

Screenshot 2024-06-25 090023.png
June 25, 2024 at 1:06 pm #15821012

abhT

There is still an issue. When you switch to the English version, the currency remains in Arabic instead of changing to English. Please look into this.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 160551.png
June 25, 2024 at 1:08 pm #15821125

abhT

And also the advanced search tab remains in Arabic too.....

Screenshot 2024-06-25 160715.png
June 27, 2024 at 3:13 am #15839259

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thank you for the update.

I checked changing the languages on the listing page multiple times and did not encounter the issue you mentioned. The strings are displayed correctly in each language. Please refer to this video: hidden link

The issue you experienced could be temporary and might be due to cached data. Please clear the caches from your site and browser, then check again. If possible, try using incognito mode or a different browser. Rest assured, the strings are showing correctly in each language.

Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to assist.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

June 27, 2024 at 9:03 am #15842208

abhT

Thank you so much...

abhT confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-27 09:03:48.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.