Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to translate email notifications for the 'YITH Booking an Appointment for WooCommerce' plugin from English to French, which is their default language. They were unable to find a way to translate the 'New Booking' email notification.

Solution:
1. We recommended translating the email notifications using WPML's String Translation feature.
2. First, navigate to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization and scan the 'YITH Booking an Appointment for WooCommerce' plugin for new strings.
3. Then, go to WPML > String Translation, search for the strings you wish to translate, and provide the translations.
4. We provided guides on how to find strings that don't appear on the String Translation page and how to use String Translation:

Additionally, we assured the client that translations will not be lost upon updating, deactivating, or deleting the plugin, as they are saved in the database. The only exception is if a WPML reset is performed from WPML > Support > Troubleshooting.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 16, 2024 at 1:32 pm #15190078

lamineD

Hi, again Andrea,

I am facing another issue/question, I don't know if it's related:

I need to translate email notifications.

When I go here:

hidden link

I can see all the email notifications, and ALL are by default in English, not in FRENCH, my default language.

I am using a YITH Booking an Appointment for WooCommerce plugin. When I go to the email notification,

"New Booking," hidden link

there is no way to translate it into French. I can only overwrite the English language. It will be an issue when I'll translate my store into English.

Please advise.

Regards

Lamine

January 16, 2024 at 1:40 pm #15190114

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Lamine,

In this case you would need to translate the e-mail notifications with WPML > String Translation.

Please go to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization and scan the plugin "YITH Booking an Appointment for WooCommerce" for new strings.

Then go to WPML > String Translation, search for the strings, and translate them.

Guides:

How to find strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

How to use String Translation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you have any issues with solving the issue this way, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

January 17, 2024 at 2:13 pm #15195334

lamineD

Ok, thanks Andras,

When the plugin is updated, do I lose all my string translations?

Regards

January 17, 2024 at 3:04 pm #15195674

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

No, you will not lose any translations of your update, deactivate, or even if you delete the plugin.

The translations will remain saved inside the database unless you run a WPML reset from WPML > Support > Troubleshooting.

Did my prior suggestion solve the main issue of this ticket for you?

January 17, 2024 at 3:13 pm #15195690

lamineD

Thanks, Andreas.

lamineD confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-17 15:13:37.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.