Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
November 25, 2015 at 1:43 pm #754651

dwsiD

I am trying to:
I always ajuste/translate theme strings and plugins using Loco Translate and WPML. I want to use mainly Loco Translate to create new language packs on themes/plugins and use WPML for some ocasional string translation but WPML seems to override the language packs created on Loco Translate.

Sometimes I can force translation by translating in WPML string translation, sometimes translating on both (Loco and WPML) doesn't solve.

This is no method, having things translated on the MO language pack and others on WPML string translation. There is no logic criteria.

What am I doing wrong? How to avoid WPML overrides Loco Translation created language packs? Why even with that problem, when I translate on WPML string translation it doesn't show on the frontend?

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: After clicking on "Réserver", the credit card payment strings (Paymill plugin) aren't translated.

Instead, I got: Everything in native strings. I've created a French language pack on Loco translate.

November 26, 2015 at 9:30 am #755407

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hello Dwsi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum,

⌥WPML 3.3 is available now, Please update WPML and its add-ons to the latest versions.

⌥Please test the issue in the minimal environment,
To do that, disable all non WPML plugins and activate one of the default themes(e.g twenty fifteen) .

Thanks.