Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.06 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 day, 3 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 26, 2024 at 9:55 pm #15837451

samv-20

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the text within the pages of the 4 image-sliders on this page: hidden link
Same for the subheaders (the blue ones) on this page: hidden link
I guess both are THEMECO widgets used in the Cornerstone builder so they're probably not (completely) recognized.

Symptoms:
These texts don't show up in the ATE.
They also do not show up in the string translator

Questions:
Why don't the texts within the image-sliders show up in the ATE?
How can I make the text within the image-sliders translatable? Can i register the widgets somehow?

June 26, 2024 at 10:42 pm #15837572

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

These widgets are most likely not registered, please review the following documentation to see how you can register them using language configuration files.

Another workaround is to translate this content manually.

To translate manually go to Pages-> edit the page in the default language -> switch to the translation using the language switcher in the admin bar (dismiss the warning if any) -> manually add the translation and update.

Let me know your results, please.

June 27, 2024 at 12:59 pm #15844037

samv-20

I tried the manual translation first,
Went into the cornerstone builder, to the french page, changed the text and saved, it shows correctly on the website but when I afterwards update the page in the ATE he overwrites all the changes with the original dutch text again.

As for the documentation to register the widgets, I think you forgot to add the links to the how-to pages 🙂

June 28, 2024 at 6:20 pm #15853735

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the update and apologies for any confusion. Here is the documentation link:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Based on your description, it seems these items might be set to "copy." When an item is set to "copy," it will always be overwritten by the default language.

To check this:

<ol>
Go to WPML → Settings and scroll down to Custom Fields Translation.

Enable the "Show Multilingual Content Setup" option and save.

Next, go back to the page and edit it in the default language:

Scroll down to the Multilingual Content Setup area (make sure to click on "show hidden fields").

Review the fields to see if any relate to the ones you're having trouble with.
</ol>

Let me know your results, please.