Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with WooCommerce product variations not appearing in the Advanced Translator after making changes. Despite updating images and text in the product variations, these changes were not reflected in the translation interface.

Solution:
We advised the client to ensure that the translation preferences for the fields were set to Translate in "WPML > Settings > Custom Field Translation". It was also important to update the product after making changes to the variations and to clear both site and browser caches. If the issue persisted, we recommended running a troubleshooting tool available under WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status and selecting specific options to synchronize the data.

If this solution does not resolve the issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem continues, please open a new support ticket for further assistance at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 16, 2024 at 11:17 am #16078082

hansN-10

Hello Prosenjit,

Thank you, the metadata for the images are now appearing in the Advanced translator.

Should I report it as a bug that it is necessary to add some text to the general product description to make added/changed content in the product variations appear in the translator?

Can you please look at the attached screenshot. Why are all these un-synchronised items appearing in the list? How can I learn which products, categories etc it is that are being referred to, so I can check them? As far as I know all categories are translated..

Best regards,
Hans

wpml.PNG
August 19, 2024 at 4:42 am #16082018

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Hans,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

I'm glad to hear that the metadata is now visible in the editor.

Please be aware that certain WooCommerce fields are configured to synchronize across translations. For instance, when you enter data in a variation and save the changes, if the product has already been translated, that data will be automatically copied to the translation, and you won't see an update icon. However, if you modify the variation description, save the variation, and then update the product, you should see an update icon, as text fields are not set to synchronize automatically.

However, the title and product description do not behave this way. That's why when you make changes to these fields, you see an update icon prompting you to update the translation.

Thus, the situation you've encountered is not a bug; it's part of the normal workflow. I hope you can understand the matter.

Regarding the items displayed on the Troubleshooting page in the screenshot you provided, I'd like to clarify any confusion. The numbers you see on the WCML Troubleshooting page represent the total number of attributes, products, and variations available, not the number that needs to be synchronized. If everything on your site is translated and synchronized, there's no need to worry about those figures.

I hope I'm able to clarify things for you. if you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

August 19, 2024 at 5:26 pm #16084830

hansN-10

That solved my issue, thank you!

hansN-10 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-19 17:26:46.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.