This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 7:15 am

charlottev-4

Hello,
Can you help me with the translation of the custom fields of this plugin: hidden link (WP Jobsearch)

(comingsoon page: user: Brandeniers pw: 2018)

April 10, 2019 at 9:30 am #3574207

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Thank you for the credentials - I can confirm that they are working.

From what I can see, this plugin is not part of our official WPML-compatible plugins directory here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

This means that the plugin might not be 100% compatible with WPML but we can't know that for sure and it's not always the case as most of the time there's a good amount of plugins that are fully or partially compatible with WPML even if they are not part of our official directory (practically those are the plugins that someone from our team tested with WPML already and can confirm the compatibility status).

If I go to WPML > Settings > "Custom Fields Translation" section > and search for "jobsearch", there's a good amount of custom fields that are currently set to "Not Translate" - they should be set as "Translate".

Can you please follow the documentation here and let me know if that solved the issue?
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

I am also attaching a screenshot with that area from the backend.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

April 10, 2019 at 11:59 am #3575763

charlottev-4

Hello, Thank you, this partly resolved my issue. I have set all 'jobsearch' fields to 'translate'. I can translate the plugin now.
Except for the custom fields: hidden link
Any idea if I can find these somewhere?

April 10, 2019 at 4:37 pm #3578809

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am glad to hear that we are making progress 🙂

Now, what you could do is go to a page where you are using the custom fields and then translate it (practically exactly what you see here, in the documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/).

If you don't manage to do that, can you please let me know of a page where you actually used these custom fields that you want to translate?

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 11, 2019 at 7:09 am #3584283

charlottev-4

Hello Mihai,
Thank you for your response. Making progress again. I have found the translation to the 'single job pages' with help of the guide.

Only problem left is the job board. This is generated with a shortcode, so I can't see the custom fields on the backend of the page.
For example, on this page hidden link (screenshot), not al fields are in English. (Same goes for the homepage job search filter)

Any idea?
Thank you

April 11, 2019 at 5:28 pm #3591215

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

For me, all the fields are in English, even the ones from the screenshot you attached.

I will also attach a screenshot.

Can you please re-visit that link (hidden link) from a different browser or an incognito window? You might be seeing a cached version of the page.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai