This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 4, 2019 at 9:54 am #3055717

pocholoD

I'm trying to update my german homepage but it didn't show, instead it reverted all back to english. Luckily I haven't translated my 3 other languages.

I've done this in the past without problems but now with the new update for divi, I'm not sure if WPML is compatible. I really need this to be fixed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

January 4, 2019 at 10:28 am #3055945

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Please make sure to have a backup, i often use the duplicator plugin for that. https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Would you please check if there are ongoing translation jobs for the homepage in WPML->Translation Management->Translation Jobs tab ? You can filter by language and status.
If any, can you cancel those jobs and retry again ?

Please tell me if you are using the Classic Translation Editor or the Advanced Translation Editor ?
If you are using the Classic Translation Editor, would you try to "resign" the translation and check again ?

See attached images and let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 10, 2019 at 2:52 am #3074276

pocholoD

Hi,
I went to the Translation Jobs and saw that the German Translation is complete (1). So what I did is update the English version again so that I could retranslate. So I translated it again and it was saved (2). After that I went to the German Page to see if it was translated so I can update.... supposedly it should change from english to german (3). So I hit preview, and it's still in english. (4)

What do I do next?

January 10, 2019 at 2:58 am #3074335

pocholoD

As of now, I reverted it back to the previous version as I could not update.

January 10, 2019 at 2:59 am #3074336

pocholoD

The german page I mean.

January 10, 2019 at 9:24 am #3075018

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Did you use the "Resign" button ?
Please try resigning the job then try to translate. This will save the translation, but only after the previous job is resigned.
Check also if there are any pending translations in WPML->Translations.

Let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 11, 2019 at 2:12 am #3078799

pocholoD

Hi Jamal,
I resigned from job 689, and retranslated the german again which is job 690 (1). Last time, I said that I've restored the last german translation... when I've finished translating and previewed it, I observed that it changed in the english version not german.

Also went to see pending translations for german homepage, there were none (3). I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

January 11, 2019 at 11:51 am #3080447

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Jamal is on holidays today so I will take care of his tickets.

I am looking at this - hidden link

Can you tell me if you managed to get it working somehow, or is this simply a reverted translation/backup? I also see Spanish and French translations.

There is one thing to consider, though - translations being overwritten by default language is a known issue with Divi, it's because of a bug in Divi Builder that will be fixed on Monday, since we have a WPML plugin update on Monday. Not sure if waiting until Monday is acceptable solution for you, or should we keep debugging this at this point?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 14, 2019 at 8:12 am #3086197

pocholoD

Hi Bruno,
It's a reverted translation backup for german. I haven't updated yet the Spanish and French translations. I can do a manual update for all of them actually but I don't wanna mess it up when WPML plug-in is fixed coz I lose the translations... I'll do this as a last resort.

I'll wait this Monday to see if the WPML update will help with this problem.

January 14, 2019 at 10:05 am #3086595

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok, sounds like a plan - let's see how it goes after the update so we can resume from there. Please reach me after the update to tell me if the issue has or has not been resolved.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation not showing’ is closed to new replies.