Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to complete translations for a page because the translation editor was not accepting edits for an email and a phone number formatted with HTML. The issue persisted across three languages, and all edits for the Khmer language were lost after saving a draft.
Solution:
We advised the client to ensure that HTML formatting in the default language is replicated in the translation editor to save the translation successfully. Here are the steps we recommended:
1. Navigate to WPML > Settings and locate the Page builders options section.
2. Toggle the option Send to translation the content of raw HTML cells and click Save. If it is already disabled, enable it and save the changes.
3. Make a minor edit to the default page and save the changes.
4. Update the translation and attempt to save the two text elements again, ensuring to format the text as per the guidelines in our documentation: Advanced Translation Editor HTML Markers.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket or visit our support forum at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 11, 2024 at 7:58 pm #15937461

joshS-12

Background of the issue:
I am trying to create three translations of only one page of my site (hidden link). For all three languages, for two lines, the translation editor was not accepting my edit, and then not accepting the entire translation as complete. Those two lines didn't actually even need translations, as they were an email and a phone number, but I tried multiple ways of putting the info in and eventually got it to accept them in two of the languages. For the third, Khmer, I gave up, saved the draft, and tried re-writing that small bit of html a different way.

Symptoms:
When I went back, I seem to have lost all of my edits for this language.

Questions:
Is there a way I can get back to my saved draft?

July 11, 2024 at 10:25 pm #15938011

joshS-12

I gave up on finding my Khmer draft and started over with my cutting and pasting, but am still having problems with my two bits. I'm uploading a screenshot here.

Screen Shot 2024-07-11 at 3.21.39 PM.png
July 12, 2024 at 7:14 am #15940466

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're experiencing. When I checked the page, I found that the email address and phone number were wrapped in an Anchor (<a>) tag. Please note that if any text is formatted with HTML in the default language, you need to apply the same formatting in the translation editor. Otherwise, you won't be able to save the translation. For more details, please check this documentation.

However, based on the screenshot, it seems there is no option to format the text, which is a bit strange. Please try the following steps and see if they help resolve the issue:

1. Go to "WPML > Settings" and scroll down to the "Page builders options" section.
2. Disable the option "Send to translation the content of raw HTML cells" and click "Save." If it is already disabled, enable the option and save the changes.
3. Open the default page where you're experiencing the issue and make a small change.
4. Save the changes and proceed to update the translation. Try to save the two text elements. If you see options to format the text, format the text according to the guidelines mentioned in the documentation above, and then try to save the translation.

Let me know the update. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

July 15, 2024 at 2:31 pm #15954970

joshS-12

This issue seems to have miraculously resolved without me taking these steps. I have no explanation. Thank you for your help, though!

joshS-12 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-15 14:31:57.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.