Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
October 3, 2023 at 7:56 am #14501977

nicolasE-10

Hello There, spend 15 hours in trying to translate my website ... really complicated .
First time i used WPML and i'm not really happy to be honest

4) On the wishlist page, hidden link impossible to find the string where to translate the Main text : -My whishlist- don't know if it comes from the theme or the plugin, but everything is translated in the page except the title ...

5) Where to change the link in the logo, cause it's not changing when you switch language.

6) I've got a page to track order hidden link and i want to change the slugs of the translations, cause it was translated automaticly but bad , so the slug of the link does not make sense ( hidden link ). I went here to look for a solution, looked on google, tried differents thinks i saw , i can't ... don't know how to do that.

Thank you for your help
Nicolas

October 3, 2023 at 8:17 am #14502093

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Nicolas,

1) Please try the following steps to translate the page's title.

1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in the admin texts screen. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

2) If you use a header template, please translate it to translate the logo's link.
If it's selected from the theme's option, please try the above steps to translate it.

3) In order to change a translated page's slug, please check the following steps:

1- Go to Pages-> All Pages
2- Switch the language from the top admin bar
3- Edit the translated page
4- Change the slug
5- Update the translated page

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 1:34 pm #14505323

nicolasE-10

1) i did what you say, look like a found the string, but i can't add it to string translation.
Is says :
Registered and locked by a WPLM configuration file ...

2) Can't find the logo url in the translator editor when i'm in the header .
Going by the admin screen way like for the 1), only can find that string : [wpseo]home_url
Not sure it's a good idea to translate this ?

3) Thank you !! it works

October 3, 2023 at 2:07 pm #14505793

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) I found the string, but it didn't fix the issue. Please let me know where to change this string in the default language.

2) I was able to fix the logo's URL issue by editing the English header template, adding the URL as a custom URL, and then translating it in the translation editor.

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 2:14 pm #14505807

nicolasE-10

1) Looks like it's There in the YITH Wishlist plugin settings :

hidden link

Scroll down to : Default wishlist name

2) Yeah i saw it , it works !! Thank you !

October 3, 2023 at 2:50 pm #14506251

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I changed the mentioned string but didn't change it on the front end, even for the default language.

Best regards,

1.jpg
October 3, 2023 at 3:06 pm #14506383

nicolasE-10

Ok, o got it !
It's a customizable text when you're connected
If i go there hidden link in a private navigation window, it display correctly ....
So i guess we're fine with this ticket ...
Thank you very much

October 3, 2023 at 3:08 pm #14506453

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

It's great to hear that the issue is fixed 🙂 . Please don't hesitate to open a new ticket if you face any other issues. We are always happy to help you.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.