Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daivyM 19 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 25, 2024 at 10:06 pm #16222608

daivyM

Background of the issue:
I am trying to use default WooCommerce translations for my shop, but WPML can't load the default .mo file. See this picture: hidden link

Symptoms:
WPML can't load WooCommerce .mo

Questions:
Why can't WPML load the default WooCommerce .mo file?
How can I resolve the issue with loading WooCommerce translations?

September 26, 2024 at 4:02 am #16222952

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Do I understand correctly, that you are having issues to complete the dialog visible on your screenshot?

If so, I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose. This step would only be required if the issue is replicable on such a staging site.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

September 26, 2024 at 7:36 am #16223299

daivyM

Hello,

I will soon create a staging website and will send you the FTP & WordPress credentials, I need to contact my hosting provider first.

The actual problem is that WPML does not seem to load "default" translations of my themes and plugins.

For example, despite my Woodmart theme having default translations (DE, FR, PO, and so on), WPML does not seem to use them at all. I took a screenshot (in the "Theme and plugins localization" tab) where you can see that woodmart translations don't appear at all (yellow instead of green). Same thing for Woocommerce (yellow instead of green).

Please see attached screenshots.

woodmart-translations-not-detected.jpg
woocommerce-translations-not-detected.jpg
September 26, 2024 at 11:55 am #16224969

daivyM

Hello,

I created the staging website and FTP credentials for you, but I am not able to use the private reponse to send you the sensitive data in a secured way.

How can I do this ?

September 26, 2024 at 12:55 pm #16225313

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The private reply from is now enabled again.

Best regards
Andreas

September 26, 2024 at 5:32 pm #16226980

Andreas W.
Supporter

The possible reason for this seems to be that your /wp-content/languages/plugins folder does not include all the necessary .po-files for all languages used on your site.

Usually, you can obtain them by going to Dashboard > Updates.

Scroll to the bottom and click Update Translations but this option is not working as expected on your site.

This option usually should check for active language on your site and then obtain the .po-files from here:
hidden link

The issue persists when testing the site only with WooCommerce, WPML, and a default theme.

Do you agree if I take a local copy for testing this behavior on a virtual server?

I would install the plugin "All in One WP Migration" for this purpose.

September 26, 2024 at 6:42 pm #16227193

daivyM

Yes, you can do that since this is a staging website. Do as you wish.

September 27, 2024 at 7:29 am #16228601

Andreas W.
Supporter

Thank you!

Due to the size of the database the migration is taking longer than expected.

I will contact you as soon as possible.

September 27, 2024 at 4:05 pm #16230647

daivyM

Hello,

Any news ?

September 28, 2024 at 5:22 am #16231566

Andreas W.
Supporter

My apologies for the delay in answering.

The first migration ran almost the whole night and at some point got stuck showing 500 errors on the console. I am currently trying it again.

Due to the hige size of the database this takes longer than expected.

I hope for your understanding and thank you for your patience.

September 28, 2024 at 7:34 am #16231673

daivyM

Make a backup with updraft on the staging website, then download the full backup via ftp.

Next, on your new instance, install the updraft plugin. Upload the backup via ftp in the wp-content/updraft folder. Then, from the updraft GUI, restore the backup. Updraft will automatically make the migration and will replace the old url with the new one.