Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing an issue where the link to the request basket was not working correctly after adding an item to the cart. The link was redirecting to the German cart instead of the English cart.
Solution:
First, we suggested that the client should ensure that the request basket page is fully translated into English. If the problem persists, we recommended the following steps:
1. Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and click on "Cancel in-progress automatic jobs" to cancel any stuck translation jobs.
2. Duplicate the request basket page into the English language to ensure the link to the English basket page works correctly.
Additionally, we noted that the "Request a Quote for WooCommerce" plugin is not listed in our compatibility list, and we advised the client to contact the plugin's support for further assistance.
We also provided a link to our documentation on using different translation editors for different pages: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Please note that the solution provided might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 22, 2024 at 12:43 pm #15550464

andreM-50

Hey,

i recently transalated our site into english. most of it worked well, fixed some missing content through your helparticles but i ran into 2 issues with translating content in some areas:

1) URL with the issue: hidden link
if you visit this category page you can find some filters on the left side. these filters are built with the Plugin Filter everything PRO and put into my divi theme builder template via a shortcode so they load dynamically for each different category. those filters a built as a woocommerce attribute if thats important.

what i have tried so far:
- search for it in strings
- tried to add string via the auto recognize feature but on the page there is only the shortcode ([fe_widget] embedded, so wpml didnt recognize the actual text strings and only put the shortcode in the string list
- tried to translate in taxonomies settings

2) "Preis auf Anfrage (Price on request)" and button texts doesnt get recognized/translated on all product, shop and category pages; for example: hidden link
or: hidden link

the prices of all our products are "on request" (now it is "Preis auf Anfrage"). to achieve that instead of showing a price we use a plugin namend "Request a quote for woocommerce" from "addify". inside the plugin we put some rules that every product we have the numeric price is changed to what text we insert inside of the plugin.

we inserted "Preis auf Anfrage", which is the german term for that (s. screenshot below). in woocommerce product section we put a random price like 1€ for each product so the plugin changes that 1€ to the text we enter inside the plugin. we also have a rule to change the default woocommerce "add to cart button" text to something specific (s. screenshot 2).

i think the problem for wpml to recognize those things is the way we built that. do you have any idea on how to solve this? in general we are using the divi theme.

i just created an admin account on our site, if you want to take a look yourself:

*removed since this seems to be public*

i hope you can follow my description, i am very new to wpml and translations. i am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards
Andre

price-on-request-1.jpg
price-on-request-2.jpg
April 22, 2024 at 2:57 pm #15551591

andreM-50

EDIT/ additional info/ Update:

i just achieved that the price is shown on request in english language now also by going to WPML - Settings - and activating the quote rules for automatic translation under posttypes i believe.

after that i tested the functionality of the buttons after logging in/registering and added a random product into the request basket. but the info link, which appears after saying "view basket" is still being displayed in german + its redirecting to the german version of cart instead of the english version (i attached a screenshot also for this).

you can test on any random product for the english site version by registering an account and putting a random product into the basket.

2) the filter problem i mentioned first in the first message still exists. now the filters arent shown at all on the page anymore because the translation from them got messed up i believe.

view-basket-still-german-and-redirecting-to-german-cart-version.jpg
April 22, 2024 at 8:36 pm #15553094

andreM-50

Sorry for all the updates, i also resolved the filter issue.

ONLY ISSUE LEFT: link to the request basket doesnt work after you have put a random item into the cart. the link, which is shown then, is directing to german cart instead of english cart.

i tried to fix it by deactivating all plugins and turning them back on (found the info in this forum) but it didnt work. it seems the link is now to a different request a quote page and not even the german cart page.

April 23, 2024 at 2:31 am #15553358

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Andre,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML support. While you're waiting for one of my colleagues to handle this ticket, let me offer you some initial debugging steps to assist with the issue promptly.

I see the request basket page isn't translated into English language hidden link
Please translate the page into English completely and check the issue again.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 23, 2024 at 10:26 am #15555105

andreM-50

Thanks for your reply!

The problem is, that apparently there are two pages with the same shortcode inside of it to show the request basket instead of the normal woocommerce cart.

to understand the situation i have made a detailed screenshot with text. please take a look at it.

as you can see from the screenshot we have the following situation:

-22 german pages, but only 21 english pages (the missing one is the second one of "Angebot anfordern")
- one of the Angebot anfordern is the official divi cart page also connected in woocommerce
- translations for both of these pages are looping for 13h now
- if i try to delete one to only have one remaining page it says i cant update the page (i think because of the looping translation)

i guess the error occures because we have those 2 pages and the plugin we use for this whole request thing might want us to use the second page, which currently is NOT set as the official cart page in woocommerce (EDIT: i did achieve to update the official woocommerce cart page to the page the plugin wants us to use; but still i cant replicate an english copy of that page because of a looping translation)

EDIT 2:
i already did this:

Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and Press the following buttons:
• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

those steps caused the creation of 150 new pages from that original page. so didnt work.

hope it got more clear now with this additional info. i would kindly ask you to take a look at it.
really appreciate your help!

Best regards

translation-looping-for-13hours.jpg
April 24, 2024 at 2:44 am #15558538

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I understand the issue on your site. The translation of the request basket page is stuck and not created, that causes the issue in the frontend.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

April 25, 2024 at 2:29 am #15563050

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

There is an error in the log that causes the translation stuck on your site

Call to a member function get() on null /www/htdocs/w01eebee/medprotech.de/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-request-a-quote/templates/quote/addify-quote-request-page.php:13 

I go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on "Cancel in-progress automatic jobs" to cancel the stuck job.
And duplicate the request basket page (hidden link) into the English language. Then the link to the English basket page works as well.

The plugin "Request a Quote for WooCommerce" is not available in our list of compatible plugins (https://wpml.org/plugin/) so I suggest you contact the plugin WooCommerce Request A Quote support to get further assistance.

Refer documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Thanks

April 25, 2024 at 10:31 am #15564863
andreM-50

Hey thanks for your help! I can see that we have an english page now for the cart/request basket, which is available through the cart icon in the top right, thanks!
I also did translate the heading real quick.

Only thing which is still not working as it should is the link to the cart on a product page, when i visit the product page for the first time in the english version. i made a detailed screenshot about the problem and attached it.

here is the problem in text: so, if you use an incognito window and go to a random product like this: hidden link

click on the login/register button, then log in (registering a test account only takes 30sec) and then put the product in the basket. then a little cart update notice appears, which is still in german and the link of it is still to the german request basket page. however, if i do this for a second product on the english page, this notice gets translated and the link also works as should.

i am sorry this is still open, but do you have any suggestions on how to get this to work also for the first time i visit such a page or could you please take a look at it yourself if possible somehow? would really appreciate help as i dont know how i can make the link to work the first time.

cart-links-on-product-page.jpg
April 26, 2024 at 1:34 am #15567521

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

It sounds like a caching issue. Please try to clear the browser cache or try again with another browser and check the issue again. It works correctly on my end when visiting the product page for the first time.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 08.31.12 2024-04-26 08-31-51.jpg
April 26, 2024 at 10:06 am #15569987

andreM-50

Hey,

i am really sorry to say, but unfortunately i dont think its a caching error. i tested with an incognito window in google chrome and with a clear cache in firefox and also with a clear cache on phone with duckduckgo privacy browser, where i also easily cleared all website data from cache. everytime i get the same error:

i replicated the exact way for the issue in this loom video, where i recorded my screen:
hidden link

i would really appreciate your help on this again.

best regards

April 29, 2024 at 1:40 am #15574513

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I can see the issue on my end. It is related to the login popup plugin so I will split this issue into another ticket for better handling.

If you see the main issue of this ticket with the translation basket page is resolved, please mark it as Resolved.

Thanks.

andreM-50 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-29 09:44:33.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.