Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported an issue with the translation of a cart update notice and its link on a WooCommerce product page. This problem occurred when visiting an English version product page for the first time and using the "Login/Signup Popup" plugin to log in. The notice and link remained in German on the first visit but worked correctly on subsequent visits.

Solution:
We identified that the issue might be related to caching, as it does not occur when using the WooCommerce login page directly. Since the "Login/Signup Popup" plugin is not listed in our compatible plugins directory, we recommended that the client contact the plugin author and suggest they join our Go Global program to ensure compatibility with WPML. Alternatively, the client can use the WooCommerce login page to avoid this issue.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If you're still experiencing issues, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 29, 2024 at 1:41 am #15574514

andreM-50

Hey thanks for your help! I can see that we have an english page now for the cart/request basket, which is available through the cart icon in the top right, thanks!
I also did translate the heading real quick.

Only thing which is still not working as it should is the link to the cart on a product page, when i visit the product page for the first time in the english version. i made a detailed screenshot about the problem and attached it.

here is the problem in text: so, if you use an incognito window and go to a random product like this: hidden link

click on the login/register button, then log in (registering a test account only takes 30sec) and then put the product in the basket. then a little cart update notice appears, which is still in german and the link of it is still to the german request basket page. however, if i do this for a second product on the english page, this notice gets translated and the link also works as should.

i am sorry this is still open, but do you have any suggestions on how to get this to work also for the first time i visit such a page or could you please take a look at it yourself if possible somehow? would really appreciate help as i dont know how i can make the link to work the first time.

April 29, 2024 at 1:49 am #15574515

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Andre,

Here is the new ticket. I see the issue occurs when you use the plugin "Login/Signup Popup" to make a popup login and allow the user to login on the product page.
If you use the login page of WooCommerce and go to the shop page, the string and link are translated as well.
hidden link

That's why I think it is caching somewhere. The plugin "Login/Signup Popup" is not available in our list of compatible plugins https://wpml.org/plugin/ so I suggest you contact the plugin author and ask them to join our Go Global program where our Compatibility developers will help them to make their product compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Or you can use the login page of WooCommerce to prevent this issue from occurring.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 29, 2024 at 3:28 pm #15577984

andreM-50

i did delete the signup popup plugin. so this issue is "resolved" with that. but i wasnt sure to use that plugin anyway, so its okay to just delete it. this solution might not be helpful for other users but in our cases its solved.

thank you for looking at it!

andreM-50 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-29 15:28:33.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.