Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 4 days, 15 hours ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
September 24, 2024 at 10:58 am #16214037

amancioJ

Background of the issue:
I am trying to upgrade to PHP 8.3 because a pentest recommended upgrading to the latest version of PHP. When I upgraded to PHP 8.3 in the test environment, I encountered an error with Yoast Whip. I had to delete it from the vendor and check that it is greater than PHP 5 to temporarily solve the problem. The site I need help with is hidden link.

Symptoms:
Encountered an error with Yoast Whip after upgrading to PHP 8.3.

Questions:
How can I resolve the error with Yoast Whip when upgrading to PHP 8.3?

September 24, 2024 at 11:23 am #16214241

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, please let me know your findings after trying the followings:

IMPORTANT: Please take full backup of your website and database beforehand. 

It is highly advised to try this on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Deactivate WPML plugins.
- Delete WPML plugins.
- Download from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, individual plugins (do not use OTGS installer).
- And upload via Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- And activate one by one and check if it happens again?

Regards.

September 24, 2024 at 11:33 am #16214282

amancioJ

Same problem. I did it. and still the problem

Screenshot_20.jpg
September 24, 2024 at 12:58 pm #16215039

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

September 25, 2024 at 1:43 pm #16220785

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access, I was able to login and can see all plugins inactive. I tried to activate WPML and WP mentioned about a fatal error.

But I see there are 7 MU Plugins active, can you please deactivate those, including that 2FA, so it is a bare WP setup where I can then check further?