Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author Posts
October 25, 2019 at 7:46 pm #4829811

steveV-5

Hello WPML team,

I'm trying to translate the "It seems we can't find what you're looking for." default search message in Elementor.

I'm following the same method as always when I translate my website with WPML, the string is founded (twice), translated (twice) and not displaying well after that.

I saw someone having the same problem here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-search-plug-in-in-elementor/

But the solution proposed is not working (as I'm not finding the option on which your technician is proposing to click on).

Thanks in advance.

October 26, 2019 at 6:13 pm #4832601

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I would need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

October 28, 2019 at 2:10 pm #4840619

steveV-5

Hello Laura,

here are my debug informations.

Thanks.

October 30, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4855599

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

can you try to increase the WP Memory Limit? PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.

Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

October 30, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4855943

steveV-5

Hello Laura,

It is done, but it's not fixing my problem. I'm not currently living a timeout, my problem is some strings are missing or refusing to use my current 2 translations in the backend, as a result, this text : "It seems we can't find what you're looking for." is still in English on my website.

Let me know how I can succeed to translate it correctly, thanks.

October 30, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4856177

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sometimes the WP Memory Limit causes issues when saving the strings, so it could have been an option.

We just released version 4.3.2, which has a fix for string issue that could be related to yours.

October 30, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4856719

steveV-5

Hello again Laura,

Unfortunately for this installation I don't receive any update notifications for WPML 4.3.2, even forcing to search updates.

Let me know how I can have those notifications.

Thanks.

October 30, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4857429

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we are sending the update in batch, but you should see it if you force the update.

However, you can download the packet from your download page and update it manually.

October 31, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4865813

steveV-5

Hello Laura,

I just updated everything here and it is still not working.

Can you please tell me what are the next steps in order to debug that.

Thanks.

November 1, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4871151

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you try to go in WPML > String Translation and check "Look for strings while pages are rendered".

Then go to the front end on the page where the string is and reload the page.

Now check if you can find it in String Translation and unckeck "Look for strings while pages are rendered".

November 1, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4871153

steveV-5

Hello Laura,

I did it, but no new strings were found.

As I told before here, I've already 2 strings in the WPML backend interface available and translated for this sentence.

But the string is always in English in frontend no matter what.

What can be the next step in order to debug this?

Thanks.

November 1, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4871167

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

please try to delete the strings already existing and repeat the procedure from my previous reply.

November 1, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4871233

steveV-5

Hello again Laura,

I did that, and now, I'm not having 2 strings anymore founded (domain: element and elementor-pro), I just have one (domain: elementor-pro).

And still nothing is translated on my frontend after translating the only one string founded.

Let me know the next steps.

Thanks.

November 1, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4871261

steveV-5

I rescanned everything on my WP installation, now I have the 2 strings like before. But still nothing is translated correctly in frontend.

Thanks.

November 4, 2019 at 9:48 am #4879347

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

can you try to reproduce the issue here?
hidden link

I'm thinking this is not related to our latest release but to some issue directly with Elementor.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.