Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
January 8, 2024 at 5:16 pm #15162121

melissaM-2

Hi,

We have a certain workflow we'd like to achieve with WPML that's currently not available.

We'd like to hold auto-translations from being published automatically on updated content.

Essentially, if a post is already translated and then updated, we want to serve the existing version of the translated post until someone manually reviews the translation.

I know this isn't possible by default, but it should be possible through hooks/actions.

Here's what I'm thinking:

If a post is updated and it already has a french translation, then using some hook or action, before the post is auto-translated, save its french translation into a custom field and serve that instead.

This will still end up in Translations as “Published — Pending review”. Then once the translator is done reviewing and publishes the post, once the status is changed from “Published — Pending review” to “Completed”, remove the content from the custom field and now serve the actual post content for French.

I believe wpml_set_translation_mode_for_post_type would be useful here but just want to confirm if that would work for our case scenario.

January 8, 2024 at 8:21 pm #15162504

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I'm consulting our developers about this and will update you once I get their reply.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

January 9, 2024 at 3:26 pm #15165491

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I got the reply from our developers. Unfortunately, there are no hooks that can help in this case. At the moment, no feature would allow WPML to achieve this.

I have submitted a feature request to our team and will update you once I have feedback.

Kindly note that our team is reviewing all feature requests, but we can not guarantee that it will be implemented or when it can be available.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

melissaM-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-16 16:52:58.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.