Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 18, 2024 at 7:23 pm #16081777

yuanL-2

Background of the issue:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/always-showing-default-language-content-on-translated-one/
This is my previous ticket I opened a few months ago but I was too busy and the ticket was automatically closed but my issue is still not solved yet. I want a solution. I tried all the suggestions that your support member suggested but it not worked.

Symptoms:
Critical

Questions:
I want to see the English translation on the English version but you can see it showing French even after 100% translation.

August 18, 2024 at 8:58 pm #16081850

yuanL-2

I need it solved urgently.

August 20, 2024 at 7:57 am #16085943

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

I checked your other ticket where our support provided the details and the solution, can you please confirm if you've tried that?

If yes and problem is still there, can you try the following?

1) Take a full backup of your site and database before proceeding.
2) Deactivate all plugins except WPML.
3) Switch to a standard theme like 2024.
4) Retry the solution mentioned in your other ticket.
5) And check if this solves the problem?

Please let me know and I'll try my best to help you further on the matter.

Regards.

August 22, 2024 at 11:06 pm #16096847

yuanL-2

We already tried this but it did not work.

August 22, 2024 at 11:07 pm #16096848

yuanL-2

If you want to try this, you can take my website backup and try your self on your server.

August 22, 2024 at 11:08 pm #16096849

yuanL-2

but please make it fast. I am very disappointed with this error as it takes too much time.

August 23, 2024 at 5:56 am #16097207

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

May I ask for admin access to your website to check the issue in detail? You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in admin and on frontend.

Remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site (including plugins & themes deactivation), which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise.

Please confirm it in your next reply or let me know if you do not agree with the mentioned.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

August 23, 2024 at 10:45 pm #16099652

yuanL-2

Please provide your email so I can add you as an admin.
but make sure you do not make the changes on the live site, you can create a backup on your server and then test it.

August 26, 2024 at 6:42 am #16102603

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

You can use any email to create a temporary admin account.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. Although we do not make changes in the live sites, but it is still highly recommended to take a full backup before providing the access.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

September 2, 2024 at 5:24 am #16129954

yuanL-2

But can you please make sure you will not do any changes on my live website?

September 2, 2024 at 10:55 am #16131119

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Sure, I'll not make any change. In fact, we're not allowed to make any change in the live sites unless confirmed or authorized.

I can just take a look and suggest any possible workaround.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. Although we do not make changes in the live sites, but it is still highly recommended to take a full backup before providing the access.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

September 4, 2024 at 6:42 am #16138497

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access. I'll check soon and 'll get back to you accordingly.

September 4, 2024 at 10:34 am #16139777

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I was able to login to the site and observer/check configs and etc. Everything looks fine except that WP Bakery Page Builder needs an update.

However, I haven't changed anything, not even tried any config or troubleshooting.

But as I can see the French and English posts/pages translated on the frontend. Reference to your previous ticket, where you mentioned that:

Translated posts from French to English but always shows French on English URL, in the frontend....

I can not reproduce the issue. Can you please give me the exact page/post URLs where this is happening?

September 6, 2024 at 9:03 am #16147852

yuanL-2

hidden link
you can see this article:
It is half in English and half in French but in backend WPML ATE, its 100% translated.

September 6, 2024 at 1:04 pm #16149137

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

I checked hidden link and this page has so much content in it and I can see some in French, in between English content.

Please make sure you translate it completely and nothing is missed in the translation editor. You can also try the following steps:

- Open the page in default language for editing.
- Make a small change like a few words.
- Save.
- Update translation.
- Then clear all caches and check again.

If that still doesn't work, can you please prepare a staging/test site by cloning your live site? So I can investigate properly. Since we're unable to make any change in the live site, it is difficult to investigate the issue.

Your next answer will be private, to share the access to the staging/test site safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.