Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Boris 4 days, 10 hours ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
September 25, 2024 at 2:52 pm

Boris

Background of the issue:
- I have a CPT with multiple acf custom fields.
- Using WP All Import, I imported the values of most of these fields to the CPT in the default language (Dutch).
- However, some of the fields are offered also in the other languages (English, French)

Symptoms:
I cannot get the fields in other languages (English, French) to import to the translated CPTs.

Questions:
- I first installed WPML WP All Import addon and configured a second import, just for the fields that were offered with English values.
- I set the corresponding ACF fields to translate and don't translate (to test which one would work).
- Neither setting imports the English values.
- I then installed the new Export/Import WPML addon. But the documentation on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-export-and-import/#run-wpml-export-import is completely unclear on how to adjust the WP All Import import job to accommodate what I need.
Am I missing something?

September 25, 2024 at 3:41 pm
September 25, 2024 at 5:19 pm #16222061

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

I'm able to import the English custom field value here in our sandbox site hidden link . But I couldn't link the English page to the Dutch page due to the lack of identifier. The missing English values seem to be isolated to your Website for some reason.

Maybe you can recheck your WP ALL import settings?

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/legacy-wpml-all-import/importing-multiple-languages-with-wp-all-import-and-wpml/

September 25, 2024 at 6:55 pm #16222282

Boris

Hi Kor,
thanks for digging!

I've compared the settings for the acf fields with yours, and set the fields in question to do not translate.

I've compared all settings for the English import job. The only difference I see is that you use the setting "Update all data", where I have specified only the three fields.

Comparing my Dutch import job and yours I see the same difference: Update all dat vs Update only specified fields.

It would be strange if that would be the difference. But if it is, I have a problem because I cannot use "Update all data" as it would empty all of the other fields that have been translated manually by my client.

Any thoughts?

September 25, 2024 at 7:00 pm #16222284

Boris

Interestingly enough, I just noticed that some new rentals have been added in English, containing the values from the import.

So you are right, it has to do with the lack of ID between the Dutch rental and the English translation.

How could that be when I use the same ID field for identification? What else should I use?

September 26, 2024 at 11:16 am #16224692

Boris

Hi Kor,
thank you for your support, it’s absolutely appreciated!

I’ve discussed with my client, and we agreed to stop this for now, as it is taking way more time than their budget allows.

Please close the ticket. I will open a new ticket if I am asked again to pursue this further.

Kind regards,
Boris

Boris confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-26 11:17:20.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.