Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 12:00 – 14:00 -
- 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 17:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 24, 2024 at 10:16 pm #16217697

markusP-25

Background of the issue:
I can change the alt text everywhere, but not in the pictures of the property.
I am trying to edit the alt text for 'property images' from English to German using the Media Translation feature in WPML. After adding the image again under the german property, the alt text is correctly displayed in German. But after saving, the frontend is not displayed in German.
The issue can be seen on this page: hidden link

Symptoms:
Despite changing the alt text in the Media Translation and Real Estate sections, the frontend displays the English alt text instead of the German alt text. Additionally, the backend reverts to the English alt text after saving.

Questions:
Why is the alt text for 'property images' not updating to German on the frontend?
Why does the backend revert to the English alt text after saving?

September 25, 2024 at 6:40 am #16218181

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue. A couple of requests for tracking the issue.

1) Please share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the problem. Because we are not able to reproduce it exactly here - hidden link

2) Please fill in the private details fields after a full site backup{mandatory}. I would like to access the admin area of your site to check further. Refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 25, 2024 at 4:26 pm #16221917

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed information and credentials. Please try the following steps after a site backup and make sure the issue exists or not.

1) Please visit WPML>>Settings>>Media Translation
2) Choose the *How to handle media library texts: >> Translate media library texts with posts* option and save the changes
3) Open the post for editing in the original language - hidden link
4) Make a minor change in the content and save it (to refresh the translation settings)
5) Update the translation

Please refer to the following tickets for more details

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-alt-text-is-not-showing-up-on-the-translated-page/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/unable-to-translate-image-alt-text/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 25, 2024 at 5:07 pm #16222038

markusP-25

Unfortunately, it didn't work. The English alt text is still displayed on the German page. I have carefully done all your points:

1) Please visit WPML>>Settings>>Media Translation ---- DONE
2) Choose the *How to handle media library texts: >> Translate media library texts with posts* option and save the changes ---- DONE
3) Open the post for editing in the original language - hidden link ---- DONE
4) Make a minor change in the content and save it (to refresh the translation settings) ---- DONE
5) Update the translation ---- DONE

alttext1.png
September 26, 2024 at 7:28 am #16223270

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please create a dummy blog post and property post with an image for testing. Try the following steps and check whether it shows the expected results.

1) Visit WPML>>Translation Management Dashboard
2) Choose the newly added posts for translation
3) Send it to Translation Basket
4) Visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Basket
5) Send it for translation, by choosing yourself as a translator
6) Visit WPML>>Translations queue and translate the page by clicking the *Translate* button

This is the actual workflow for translation. Refer to this article for more details https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 26, 2024 at 10:22 am #16224408

markusP-25

Hi Bigul!

Everything was done exactly according to your new instructions. Unfortunately without success. After done translation job: English "alt text" is displayed in the German version.
I found out the following after completing the translation job:

1) in the DE property the EN alt text is displayed
2) in WMPL - Media Translation - DE image the correct German text is displayed
3) Even if I try to embed the property image again in the DE property, it doesn't work.
4) even if I change and update the DE text at WMPL - Media Translation again, no success

english:
hidden link

german:
hidden link

alttext.png
September 26, 2024 at 4:24 pm #16226809

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please allow me to make a copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server. So we can troubleshoot the bug without affecting your live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 27, 2024 at 6:32 am #16228174

markusP-25

Hi Bigul!
Just to be sure. If you use the Duplicator plugin, there are no conflicts with the purchase codes anyway? Because I can only use my Houzez theme, plugin, etc. on one domain. If that's not a problem then please do it with the Duplicator plugin.

Please note. I created a "post" yesterday and everything worked perfectly with the media translation. So the error must be specifically related to the houzez theme "property" translation.
Thanks for your support!

September 27, 2024 at 12:37 pm #16229855

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. This may be a compatibility issue. Please note, your live site will not have any effects, if we make a Duplicator copy. But take a full site backup.

--
Thanks!

Bigul