Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 day, 22 hours ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
September 24, 2024 at 5:47 am #16212382

alexandrosK-5

Thanks! The problem is solved because of your help!

I have 3 more issues for the same site. Do you really want me to open 3 separate tickets?? Does that mean I have to create four clones for four different support representatives? How does that make sense? Please help me!

2. How can I resolve the issue where 'Complete Translation' never finishes? Here’s an example:

Page: hidden link
Screenshot: hidden link

3. The featured images are not showing up on certain pages. Here are some examples:

hidden link
hidden link

4. Some text on all pages is not being translated automatically from English to Greek as the plugin promises. Example:

hidden link
Screenshot: hidden link

September 25, 2024 at 6:46 am #16218187

alexandrosK-5

Hello! Any news please?

September 25, 2024 at 2:17 pm #16221147

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'll continue to help you with this issue and the other issues you have in the following tickets.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-the-featured-images-are-not-showing-up-on-certain-pages/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-some-text-on-all-pages-is-not-being-translated-automatically/

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me. I'll also use the access details to check the two other issues. I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

September 26, 2024 at 9:56 am #16224166

alexandrosK-5

Hello! Any news please?

September 26, 2024 at 11:39 am #16224785

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

This is Waqas, I'll be looking into this issue while Itamar is not available for now.

I've just checked for the issue #2 (the one Itamar was handling in this ticket) about 'Complete Translation' never finishes, for the page hidden link and it seems to work fine.

Please see my screencast: hidden link.

I then enabled "Display hidden languages" in the logged in user's profile (hidden link) so I can see the English translation on frontend. And tried the "Edit Translation" from frontend.

It also worked fine, please see the second screencast: hidden link.

I believe there's perhaps browser cache problem. You can either clear browser cache, close the browser, open and check again, or, can try in a different browser.

Please let me know.

Regards.

September 26, 2024 at 2:53 pm #16226150

alexandrosK-5

Hello. Thanks.

I try all that. "You can either clear browser cache, close the browser, open and check again, or, can try in a different browser. "

Additionally, I have deactivated all the plugins. You can see this here: hidden link.

Now I get this error ex page hidden link : hidden link
Translation successfully completed
Please return to your site manually, as we couldn't redirect you automatically

September 27, 2024 at 5:34 am #16228063

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

I can see the problem. I tried to delete the English translation and translated the page again, so the issue went away for a while. But it returned right after that.

I'm checking with my team about it, however, in the meanwhile, can you please prepare a test or staging site by copying/cloning your site? Because I need to investigate in more detail, which may break things on the live site.

I've enabled your next reply as private to provide access to the test or staging site.

September 27, 2024 at 9:42 am #16229250

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access to the test site, I was able to login and working on it. I'll update you accordingly.

In the meanwhile, you can update the translations in your live site by following steps (instead of clicking "Edit Translation" in the frontend):

- Edit the page or post in default language in WP Admin.
- Add/update translation from the "Language" section on the sidebar.

I tried in my previous check and this seems to work fine.

September 27, 2024 at 12:54 pm #16229951

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. I am still working on this and need some more time. I'll get back to you on Monday.