Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are experiencing issues with sorting products by price in descending order on your site after translating products from Chinese to English using WPML. The sorting works correctly in the Chinese version but not in the English version.
Solution:
We recommend following these steps to resolve the sorting issue:
1. Increase the WP Memory Limit. For more details, check this link: WPML Minimum Requirements
2. Enable a minimal environment:
- Deactivate all plugins except for WPML plugins and WooCommerce.
- Switch to a standard WordPress theme.
IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding.
3. Bulk edit translation products and re-update them without changes. For more information, visit: Bulk Update Products

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at WPML Known Issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.77 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
June 25, 2024 at 2:46 am #15814091

dongL-2

Background of the issue:
I am trying to sort products by price in descending order on my site hidden link. The sorting works correctly in the Chinese version, but after translating the products from Chinese to English using WPML, the sorting by price DESC is not working correctly.

Symptoms:
The product sorting by price DESC is confusing and not working as expected after translation from Chinese to English using WPML.

Questions:
Why is the price DESC sorting not working correctly after translating products from Chinese to English using WPML?
How can I fix the price DESC sorting issue in the English version of the products?

June 25, 2024 at 4:09 am #15815156

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Dong,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

I understand the issue on your site is the sorting of translation products by DESC price in the admin area > Products page. On my demo site, I see this function is still working correctly, please check the attached screenshot.

I suggest you follow some troubleshooting steps below and see if it helps:

1. Increase WP Memory Limit: please check this link for more details
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

2. Enable a minimal environment:
- Deactivate all plugins except WPML plugins and WooCommerce.
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress.
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

3. Bulk edit translation products and re-update them without changes.
https://woocommerce.com/posts/bulk-update-products/

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Products ‹ WPML — WordPress 2024-06-25 11-02-56.png
June 25, 2024 at 8:18 am #15817991

dongL-2

Method 3 solved the problem, thank you.

dongL-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-25 08:18:02.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.