Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 10, 2024 at 8:20 pm #16058849

fionaF

Background of the issue:
Well our website was ok but all of a sudden website speed became horrible like it wasn't loading even in 20 seconds, then we tried to find out the issue like if there is any problem with plugins and at last we found out that whenever we activate WPML website get's badly affected with speed like it doesn't loads properly and keeps on loading. so i need help on this from you guys to look into this issue of WPML plugins i am using and solve. currently i have deactivated WPML in our website as we can't afford a slow loading website as we have a running business, so yeah let me know how you guys can solve this. Thanks

Symptoms:

Questions:

August 11, 2024 at 9:55 am #16059186

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I've just visited your site, and I can see that WPML is active. I also visited a few pages in English and Chinese, and the loading time was good. It was not slow.

Have you fixe this problem already?

If not, please activate our required plugins. According to your site's debug information, you only have our core plugin, WPML Multilingual CMS, active. However, you also use WooCommerce and ACF on your site. When using WooCommerce and ACF, you must also install our following plugins: Strings Translation, WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency, and ACF Multilingual. Please read our guides about working with WooCommerce and ACF, install our bridge plugins, and configure them.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

This should improve your site's performance if you have not done this yet.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 11, 2024 at 6:02 pm #16059927

fionaF

Hey, Thanks for your response. i received a message after submitting site's debug information (please check attached screenshot) do i need to something to it? and when all of the plugins of WPML is active on our website then website becomes slow, is it because of MySQL version issue?

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-10 at 1.22.35 PM.jpeg
August 11, 2024 at 6:15 pm #16059946

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for trying my suggestions.

We don't know yet, but you should undoubtedly upgrade your site's MYSQL version as suggested. Then, if things still work slowly, we'll continue to investigate. You may need to contact your hosting provider to upgrade the MYSQL version of your server.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Regards,
Itamar.

August 12, 2024 at 7:25 am #16060781

fionaF

i have got the issue again on my website with WPML, after activating all it's necessary plugins my website is loading very slow. please check the screenshot, and i had to deactivate WPML and it's plugins again as i can't afford slow website. please suggest me what to do now. Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-11 at 10.33.53 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-11 at 10.36.42 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-11 at 10.40.09 PM.jpeg
August 12, 2024 at 9:28 am #16061376

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I can not see the problem of the website not being secure. Please see the attached screenshots.

Before we proceed, one thing remains unclear to me.
Have you changed the MYSQL version to 5.6 or above or MariaDB 10.1 or greater?
If not, please proceed with it first and check again

Regards,
Itamar.

2024-08-12_12-04-23.jpg
2024-08-12_12-05-44.jpg
August 15, 2024 at 8:52 pm #16076229

fionaF

Hey, sorry for the delayed response. i have confirmed that i have been using MariaDB version 10.6.19 , and WMPL's requirement version is 10.1 and above. so i am pretty sure it's not the issue. please check the attachments

Screenshot_79.png
August 18, 2024 at 5:21 pm #16081667

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks.

We suspect a collision with the theme or another plugin might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment, switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty-Four and having no plugins activated except WPML.

First, you must check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyTwenty-Four (for example). If it persists, deactivate all plugins except WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce without any extensions. Then, please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, start by activating the plugins individually and checking when the issue comes back, then report to me which plugin was the culprit.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is live, you might want to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Website is Loading too slow Whenever WPML is active’ is closed to new replies.