Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
1. The client was unable to delete the French language from their site.
2. When creating a post, the category "News" was not appearing in the URL as expected.

Solution:
1. We recommended enabling the debug.log to identify the issue with deleting the French language. This involves adding the following lines to the wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

With these settings, any errors will be saved to a debug.log file in the /wp-content/ directory. For more detailed instructions, we provided a link to the WPML documentation on debugging: Debugging WPML.

2. For the issue with the category URL not appearing, we opened a new support ticket to address the problem separately and to assist other users who might encounter a similar issue. We provided the link to the new ticket: WPML support forum topic.

Please note that the solution provided might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues at WPML Known Issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket in our forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
January 30, 2024 at 3:06 pm #15244823
markH-6

Hi...2 things
1. I can not delete the french!
2. When I create a post the category "News" is not showing in the url?
hidden link
it should be hidden link ?
I created a new category "Stuff" and that did not solve the issue. The category is not showing in the url.

New threads created by Andrey and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-i-create-a-post-the-category-news-is-not-showing-in-the-url/

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.02.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.04.04 PM.png
January 30, 2024 at 9:01 pm #15246523

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1. Are you getting any messages? Or does it just get stuck? If yes, would you mind enabling the debug.log and checking what is there when you try to delete it?

You can add a few lines to the site’s wp-config.php file. With the error log enabled, you will see the actual problem.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server, you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

2. For this question, I opened a new ticket for your new question. This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will reply here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-i-create-a-post-the-category-news-is-not-showing-in-the-url/.

Let me know what you see after the debug mode has been enabled.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.