Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with the translation of email notifications in different languages. Specifically, the new user email notifications were not being sent in the correct language. Additionally, there were problems accessing certain translated pages and links on the website.
Solution:
We recommended setting up SMTP with Gmail to ensure proper email delivery, which can be done from the WPML settings. We also suggested checking the email logs to verify that emails are being sent out correctly. If you're experiencing similar issues with email translations or link errors on your multilingual site, we recommend trying these steps:
1. Set up SMTP using your email provider to improve email delivery.
2. Check the email logs in your WordPress dashboard to confirm that emails are being sent.
3. Ensure that all translations are correctly configured in WPML.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoM-189 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 24, 2024 at 1:35 pm #15807668

marcoM-189

OK thank you, yes the english version with correct link works....the spanish not yet........the right link of the button in spanish home page is hidden link
now there is still the italian link

Actually today i cant access to the spanish page(the translation of hidden link)...the editor give me "errror to apply the translation" message in spanish

regarding the my account link i'm talking of the dashboard after the user login

For example
go in the spanish web site in the menu reservas->mi cuenta

you will see the dashboard with links : reservas and quenta
before i got not found error......today the above links do not open notihng , the browser try to open but then remain in the dashboard page.

Today the translation of the new user email notification with login details has been translated correctly, i received the email in spanish (wpml has autorepair?:):):) few days ago was not working and i received the email in italian default lang.

i will test the new user email in english later, unfortunally i must use a fresh email that has never been used to make a booking and receive this email

Yes you can install email log if necessary and you can split tickets

June 24, 2024 at 1:37 pm #15807681

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the ticket for the Email Notification translation issue. Please let me know how it goes.

June 27, 2024 at 8:40 am #15841903

marcoM-189

ok , i think you assigned and split the tickets.....this is now about the email new user notification email right?

stefano

June 27, 2024 at 8:44 am #15841964

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

This ticket is regarding your comment here below.

Today the translation of the new user email notification with login details has been translated correctly, i received the email in spanish (wpml has autorepair?:):):) few days ago was not working and i received the email in italian default lang.

Are you still having issues with the email notification translations?

June 27, 2024 at 12:20 pm #15843800

marcoM-189

The english does not work...i make bookig and i receive new user email in italian

June 27, 2024 at 12:32 pm #15843883

marcoM-189

I tried in in spanish few days ago i received new user login email in spanish, today i tested again but i do not receive the email after new booking....

June 28, 2024 at 6:47 pm #15853909

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like you're using Gmail. You need to setup SMTP with Gmail here hidden link . Then, we can check the emails that are being sent out from your Website.

June 30, 2024 at 4:07 pm #15862803

marcoM-189

No i tested using my personal email, different users @webrex2000.com
in english i make a booking and i receive in italian, in spanish i receive booking confirmation email in spanish but i do not receive the new user login details email anymore(was working until last week)

June 30, 2024 at 6:58 pm #15863180

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I can't see any emails being sent out when I checked the logs hidden link . Could you try sending out some bookings so that I could check?

July 2, 2024 at 3:23 pm #15876551

marcoM-189

I made 2 bookings today 2 july at 17.15 rome time.

I received email confirmation for both bookings in english and spanish. The booking confirmation email and new user login details email....in english the new user booking details was in italian...in spanish ok....both in spanish

July 2, 2024 at 5:18 pm #15877367

marcoM-189

ok now i have been able to solve the issue thank you

marcoM-189 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-02 17:18:43.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.