Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the checkout review order on their WooCommerce site initially appears in French but then switches to English. The fields remain untranslated.
Solution:
We recommend updating WPML and its add-ons to the latest versions (WPML → 4.6.13, String Translation → 3.2.14, WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency → 5.3.7) to ensure all fixes and improvements are applied. After updating, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to

WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization

2. Ensure Localization options are correctly configured. Refer to this screenshot for guidance: https://prnt.sc/_PmvybkymgPt
3. Select the WooCommerce plugin and scan for strings.
4. Go to

WPML > Support > Troubleshooting

5. Click on 'Clear the cache in WPML', 'Cleanup and optimize string tables', and 'Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box'. In the popup, click on Generate MO files.
Finally, clear the caches on both your site and browser, then verify if the checkout page is correctly translated to French.
If the problem persists, or if this solution becomes outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
September 9, 2024 at 9:04 pm #16158864

meshalA-4

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate the checkout order review. Here is the link to the page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
The checkout review order is still in English while it should be in French. When the order is loading, it first appears in French and then changes to English. The fields are still in English.

Questions:
Why is the checkout review order changing from French to English?
How can I ensure the order review fields remain translated in French?

September 10, 2024 at 1:37 pm #16161845

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're experiencing. If the translation initially displays correctly but then switches to the default language, the translation files are not loading properly. Since these texts are static strings from WooCommerce, their translation will be pulled from the WooCommerce translation files.

While reviewing the WPML Debug info, I noticed that WPML and its add-ons are not updated to the latest version. Since each update includes important fixes and improvements, it’s recommended to keep the plugins up to date.

Could you please update the WPML, String translation and WooCommerce Multilingual plugin to their latest version(WPML → 4.6.13, String Translation → 3.2.14, WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency → 5.3.7) and check if you're still having the issue?

If the issue persists even after that, Could you please try the following steps and check if that helps in solving the issue?

1. Go to "WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization".
2. Make sure that the Localization options are configured as per this screenshot: hidden link
3. Once done, scroll down, select the WooCommerce plugin and Scan the plugin for strings.
4. After that, go to "WPML > Support > Troubleshooting".
5. Scroll down and click on the following buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Cleanup and optimize string tables
- Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box (You'll see a popup when you click this button, click on the **Generate MO files** button within the popup and complete the process.)

After completing the steps above, clear the caches from both your site and browser, and then check the translated checkout page. The text in the order review section should appear in the French language.

Please let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

September 10, 2024 at 4:44 pm #16162915

meshalA-4

hello Prosenjit,

when i updated the plugins it worked like a sharm.
Thank you for your great support, you saved my life 🙂

Regards

meshalA-4 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-10 16:44:08.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.