Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
July 27, 2024 at 11:09 am #16010565

kv-2

Background of the issue:
I am trying to get the language selector working correctly on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
The dropdown language selector doesn't behave as expected. Flags are dropping down on the left side and over each other.

Questions:
How can I fix the dropdown language selector so that flags do not drop down on the left side and over each other?

July 28, 2024 at 11:38 am #16011961

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

The behavior is not the default behavior of the WPML language switcher because you added extra CSS code regarding that to this file (Your child theme CSS file):

wp-content/themes/hotel-xenia-child/style.css

Check the code from line 343 onward.

We will not be able to provide custom CSS coding service as it is outside of our support scope.

Thanks.

July 29, 2024 at 9:36 am #16014909

kv-2

Thank you so far Christopher,
my problem is that the guy who developed the site for me is no longer available and I am trying to fix all the problems that are a result of some incompetence related to WPML.
I am only end user with no knowledge of CSS.

I tried to remove the whole section from line 343 to 411. but that did not made any difference.

Then I noticed an advanced Script and Style editor in the Theme options which had some code under Custom Java Script options. With this I played around a bit changing some values.
It did improve a bit but still not as it should be.

the code as it is now:

var li = jQuery('.wpml-ls-current-language');
var ul = jQuery('<ul/>', {'class': 'language-switch'}).append(li);

if (!ul.find('ul').length) {
ul.hide();
} else {
ul.appendTo('.header_tools')
ul.parent().addClass('language-switch-wrapper');
}
jQuery('ul.language-switch').css('padding-left', '44px');
jQuery('.wpml-ls-item').css('margin-bottom', '10px')

Any suggestions to come more closer to the solution??

July 30, 2024 at 12:12 pm #16020480

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

We are not able to delve into a custom code as it is outside of our support scope.

You are welcome to hire a developer to handle such issues:

https://wpml.org/contractors/

I suggest that you remove all the customization and use the default menu language, switcher:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.