Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is working on a site under development and needs to register the WPML key to the website. Additionally, the WPML plugin cannot connect to wpml.org, which is necessary for checking new releases and security updates.
Solution:
To register the WPML key:
1. Ensure you are logged into wpml.org.
2. Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Commercial (Tab).
3. Click on "Register WPML" at the right section of the screen.
4. Click on "Get a key for this site". A new page will open, and the auto-generated key will appear.
5. Copy the key and paste it into the "Site Key" input box.
6. Click the "OK" button.
For more information, visit https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

For the connection issue:
1. Contact your hosting service provider and request them to whitelist the following URLs:
- wpml.org
- cdn.wpml.org
- api.wpml.org
- api.toolset.com
- cloudfront.net
For more details, visit https://wpml.org/faq/wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org/

Regarding plugin installation, the client does not need to install all plugins shown. Essential ones include WPML String Translation and WPML Multilingual CMS.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If needed, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
June 17, 2024 at 7:57 am #15743702

祥 陈

Background of the issue:
I am working on a site under development and need to register the WPML key to the website.

Symptoms:
No specific issue or error message mentioned.

Questions:
How do I register the WPML key to the website?

June 17, 2024 at 8:21 am #15743878

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

You can start from WordPress Dashboard:

- Make sure that you are logged in wpml.org.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Commercial (Tab)".
- Click the "Register WPML" at the right section of the screen.
- Click the "Get a key for this site" link annotated in the screenshot below.
- A new page will open up and the auto-generated key will show in pop-up.
- Copy the key and paste it into the "Site Key" input box annotated in the screenshot below.
- Click the "OK" button.

Screenshot:

hidden link

For more information:

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Thanks.

June 17, 2024 at 9:13 am #15744133

祥 陈

Thank you very much for your answer, am I registered like this?
How do I fix this below?

WPML plugin cannot connect to wpml.org
WPML needs to connect to its server to check for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outgoing communication to wpml.org to remove this notice.

Need help?

See the communication error details and let us know in WPML technical support.

微信截图_20240617170919.png
June 17, 2024 at 10:59 am #15744837

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

From the screenshot you shared it seems you already are registered and you can now use WPML and install the String translation and other necessary plugins from that screen by checking the proper checkbox next to the plugin and click the Downlaod and Activate button.

The connection issue is usually happens when the server does not allow a connection established to our servers.

Please contact your hosting service provider and ask them to whitelist the URLs below:

wpml.org
cdn.wpml.org
api.wpml.org
api.toolset.com
cloudfront.net

For more information:

https://wpml.org/faq/wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org/

June 18, 2024 at 2:50 am #15747016

祥 陈

Thank you very much for your answers.

1.Please look at my image 1; it shows that WPML is not connected. Will this affect my usage?
2.The plugin shows as registered. Is this display correct?
3.Do I need to install all the plugins shown in image 3?

3.png
2.png
1.png
June 19, 2024 at 6:46 am #15753284

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

1- If the translation process works then you can ignore it. But if there is an issue translating the pages please follow the steps I mentioned int he previous reply to whitelist the URLs in question.

2- Yes the plugin is registered and you have no issues there.

3- No you do not need to install all of them. The most important ones are WPML String Translation and WPML Multilingual CMS. The other plugins are to make WPML compatible with the popular plugins.

If needed, please open up a new ticket and send the debug information and the supporter will give you the ones that are needed on your installation.

Thanks

祥 陈 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-18 06:52:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.