Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
June 5, 2024 at 6:37 am #15704966

thomaskuttyS

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have used WPML and there are 4 languages. DE, EN, de and en.
We have custom taxonomies service category for custom post type Mitarbeiter. But while editing default language, it overwrites the secondary languages. We have already checked the WPML settings and the "Translate Independently" option is also enabled.
Wordpress version : 6.4.4
WPML version : 4.6.11

Is there any documentation that you are following?
WPML documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Example:
When we update DE, then the de and en Services are overwritten
If you look to Test mit in DE and you klick on "update" without any changes , then the Service-categories for de & en where overwritten:
before (correkt):
For de: Digitalisierung & Innovation
For en: Digitisation & Innovation
after:
For de: Digitalisierung & Innovation; Digitale Geschäftsmodelle
For en: Digitisation & Innovation; Digital Business Models

See screenshots attached too, refer image file name for better understanding.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

translation of custom fields.png
Basic lang-Edit Mitarbeiter-Test mit.png
taxonomy translation.png
Second lang de-Edit Mitarbeiter-Test mit- After basic update.png
Mitarbeiter WPML Settings.png
Second lang de-Edit Mitarbeiter-Test mit - Initial and required.png
June 5, 2024 at 9:41 am #15706005

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Before proceeding further, may I ask you to try the following please? Because I'm suspecting some conflicts here (as per your debug information):

I'll recommend to fix the following first:

IMPORTANT: Please take full backup of your website and database beforehand. 

It is highly advised to try this on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Update WordPress to the latest version.
- Update WPML plugins to the latest versions.
- Update all other plugins specially the ones involved in the said process, to the latest versions.
- Update theme to the latest version if needed.

And check again.

If this doesn't help, then please continue with the following:

1) Take a full backup of your site and database before proceeding.
2) Deactivate all plugins except WPML.
3) Switch to a standard theme like 2024 or 2021. Because your current theme isn't on our compatibility list (https://wpml.org/theme/).
4) Check for the issue if it still happens.
5) Then start activating plugins one by one while keep checking for the issue. This way you 'll be able to pinpoint a conflict when & where it starts creating the problem.
6) If after activating all plugins you see that it still works fine, then switch to your theme and see if that's causing it.

Please let me know and I'll try my best to help you further on the matter.

Regards.

June 10, 2024 at 9:55 am #15721183

thomaskuttyS

We did the following steps but the issue not resolved.
-Deactivated and activating plugins one by one while keep checking for the issue.
- Updated WordPress to the latest version.
- Updated WPML plugins to the latest versions.
- Updated all other plugins specially the ones involved in the said process, to the latest versions.
- We have custom theme and issue exists for custom taxonomy in CPT. So we cant update or switch it to default theme

Kindly share your feedback.
Thank you!

June 10, 2024 at 12:19 pm #15721944

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

Can you please share some insights about how you're registering your CPT and the related taxonomy?

Please also check https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_post_type/ for related information, specially please note that "Post type registrations should not be hooked before the ‘init’ action".

Further, I'll request to share a screencast of your issue to understand it in more detail.

Besides the above mentioned, WPML also offers some dev guides (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/), which you may want to check accordingly.

June 13, 2024 at 5:17 am #15734034

thomaskuttyS

Please look the video which shows our issue
Link to video: hidden link

If you look to harald beer an change to EN and you klick on "update" without any changes , then the Service-categories for de & en where overwritten:
before (correkt):
For de: Digitalisierung & Innovation
For en: Digitisation & Innovation
after:
For de: Digitalisierung & Innovation; Digitale Geschäftsmodelle
For en: Digitisation & Innovation; Digital Business Models
Then on Pages like GER-Seite für Digitale Geschäftsmodelle now Joschka and Harald are shown, but only Koschka should appear.

Also here we attached the screenshots of our custom code.
Kindly check and share your feedback.

custom_cpt.png
custom_taxonomy_reg.png
June 13, 2024 at 7:09 am #15734373

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the screen recording, it was really helpful in understanding the problem.

I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in admin and on frontend (i.e. other than the screen recording, if you want to mention something more particular to the problem).

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins and switch themes also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

June 14, 2024 at 11:38 am #15739947

thomaskuttyS

Can you please share your IP address so that our IT team can allow acces?

June 19, 2024 at 7:34 am #15753555

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access, I'm off today but 'll look into the matter tomorrow at earliest and 'll get back to you accordingly.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation.

June 24, 2024 at 12:50 pm #15807248

thomaskuttyS

Our IT team requests for the subnet pool(range) atleast, to allow your connection. Can you please check with your ISP and get the same?

The IT team is bit concerened about keeping it open for the public and that is why they asks for such details. Thank a lot for understanding 🙂

June 26, 2024 at 5:29 am #15829416

thomaskuttyS

Is it okay for you if we set up remote session using TeamViwer or AnyDesk? Will that work? If yes, we shall decide a convenient time and plan it accodingly. Thank you!

June 26, 2024 at 7:03 am #15830432

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Unfortunately we don't have such arrangements. All we need access to a site where this issue has been reproduced, preferably a staging or dev site. Such sites do not contain sensitive information or you can remove all such data before providing the access (as mentioned earlier).

Please let me know when you're ready, so I can enable private reply for you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate independant feature doesnt work’ is closed to new replies.