On This Page:
- Getting Started
- Translating Your Newsletter Sign-Up Forms
- Known Issues with MC4WP
- Getting Help From Our Support
Start by installing and activating the following plugins:
- WPML core plugin and WPML String Translation add-on
- Mailchimp for WordPress plugin
- Mailchimp for WordPress Multilingual
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
If you use Translate Everything Automatically mode, your newsletter sign-up forms will be automatically translated with the rest of your content.
If you use Translate What You Choose mode, you can send your sign-up forms for translation using the Translation Management Dashboard.
- Go to the WPML → Translation Management page and use the filter controls at the top to select Sign-up Form from the first dropdown menu. Then, click the Filter button, which will display a list of available sign-up forms.
- Select the forms you want to translate.
- If you choose to translate the form automatically, WPML will translate it right away. If you translate it yourself, you can go to the Translation Queue to translate it. If you use other translators or a translation service on your site, add the form to the Translation Basket, then send the translation job to your translators.
After translating your signup form, don’t forget to translate the pages or posts you add the form to.
WPML works fine with this plugin, but sometimes there could be minor issues we're working on. This is expected as both plugins provide frequent updates.
Current unresolved issues:
You can also search all known issues including previously resolved issues for this plugin.
If you need help translating your Mailchimp for WordPress sign-up forms, visit WPML’s support forum.