If your customers leave product reviews in different languages, you can show reviews in all languages or only reviews written in the selected language. You can also translate product reviews via String Translation.
On This Page:
- Showing Product Reviews in All Languages
- Translating Product Reviews
- Registering Missing Product Reviews for Translation
By default, WooCommerce Multilingual only shows product reviews created in the currently selected language. This means if a customer is viewing a product in English, they will only see reviews left in English unless they click the link to Show reviews in all languages.
If your product doesn’t have many reviews in a specific language or only has bad reviews compared to other languages, it may be helpful to show reviews in all languages by default.
To do this, go to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual and click the Settings tab. Check the box in the Product reviews section to show reviews in all languages.
Then, all product reviews will be visible by default, no matter which language your customer uses.
To translate customers’ reviews, go to WPML → String Translation. Filter by the wcml-reviews domain and add your translations. You can also search by product number to find reviews related to a specific product.
Translated reviews are indicated on the front-end as (translated).
You can translate this (translated) string as well:
- Go to WPML → Theme and Plugins Localization and scan WooCommerce Multilingual for hard-coded strings.
- Go to WPML → String Translation and do a text search for translated.
- Add your translations.
If you don’t see your translated product reviews on your site’s front-end, please be sure to turn on the setting to show reviews in all languages by default, as previously described. Otherwise, you will only see reviews that were originally created in the selected language.
You may notice some product reviews missing from the String Translation table. This is expected behavior.
By default, WPML only auto-registers strings from newer product reviews. This way, WPML avoids storing too much data in the translation table in your database.
To translate older product reviews, you need to register them for translation first:
- Go to WooCoomerce → WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency and click over to the Status tab.
- Click the Troubleshooting link in the bottom right corner of the page.
- The Troubleshooting tab will open. Check the box next to Register product reviews for translation and hit the Start button.
Once the registration process is complete, you can return to the String Translation page and translate the remaining product reviews.