We think that multilingual should be a basic feature for any WordPress theme or plugin and we’re willing to spend every effort to make it happen.
WPML’s Go-Global helps turn WordPress themes into fully multilingual-ready. When we’re done, your clients can use the theme on multilingual sites, easily and smoothly.
Multilingual-ready themes get more sales. Many European, South American and Asian sites need to be multilingual, so offering it to them opens a huge market for you.
By helping you turn your code into 100% multilingual-ready, we make it easier for all of us. When your clients run multilingual sites, they require less support from us and from you.
It’s a win-win-win situation. You get more sales, WPML sells more, we all spend less time on support. Most importantly, clients receive better products and are happier.
Once your code is compatible with WPML, we announce it to all WPML clients on our social media channels, we also add to the list of multilingual-ready themes or multilingual-ready plugins. We will ask you to do the same so our clients know that your theme or plugin is compatible with WPML, when we see the need we’ll also write a short tutorial about your theme or plugin.
- Original theme or plugin authors can register to WPML’s Go Global program.
- Public themes or plugins are welcome. Anything that you distribute (not “work-for-hire”) can be accepted to WPML’s Go Global program.
Note: This is a program for theme and plugin authors. If you need help with a specific website or with a theme that you are using (or bought), please visit our technical support forum. If you want to report a public or upcoming change to a theme or plugin please visit Compatibility related changes
Contact us and apply. We ask you to provide us with the necessary information for testing. We’ll contact you and ask for the theme’s / plugin’s files then we’ll create for you a demo site, install your theme or plugin and ask you to populate it with a test content. Our team will test this installation with WPML and provide you with a feedback of what should be fixed in your code to make your theme or plugin Multilingual Ready.
- Contact us and apply.
- Send us a copy of your theme or plugin.
- We will set a demo site and install your theme or plugin and ask you to populate it with a test content.
- We will create a free WPML.org account for you, so that you can download the recent versions of WPML and test the fixes you have made in your code.
- We will test your theme or plugin with WPML and provide you with a feedback of what should be fixed in your code to make your theme or plugin Multilingual Ready. We test that:
- All strings are translatable
- Custom post types and fields use the WordPress API and WPML can translate them
- Theme/plugin ‘options’ are translatable
- You have wpml-config.xml file
- Once you are done fixing, send us your theme or plugin for us to test it.
- We will then add your theme or plugin to our theme compatibility or plugin compatibility pages and announce it’s Multilingual-Ready in our social channels.
- We will ask you to announce the same to your clients and write documentation for it
- We will write and publish tutorials when needed