Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
February 19, 2024 at 9:03 am

Alexander

Hello! I noticed that the Advanced Translation Editor converts special characters (like "&") to its html entity. Is there a way to disable this?
This breaks the URL's and I have to manually switch to my secondary language and update links manually which is kind of inconvenient.

February 19, 2024 at 9:55 am
February 19, 2024 at 1:44 pm #15318684

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

The & issue is reported to the second-tier support I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks.

March 13, 2024 at 9:18 am #15402624

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I have an answer:

For now there is no Workaround and you will need to avoid using Advanced Translation Editor and instead using Manual Translation for the pages that you need to keep & character as is.

Here is the manual translation documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

The issue will be fixed in WPML 4.7 release cycle which we do not have ETA to share at the moment.

Thank youu

March 13, 2024 at 1:39 pm #15404257

Alexander

Thanks! I'll look forward to the update then.

Alexander confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-13 13:39:49.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.