Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
September 4, 2023 at 3:01 pm #14338197

tomasB-2

I am trying to: get flags next to each other with alignment to right and have it only once on the site (without bullets)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: flags next to each other with alignment to right and have it only once on the site (without bullets)

Instead, I got: language switcher in a strange order, with bullets and twice

September 5, 2023 at 11:46 am #14343771

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. It seems that you have some custom CSS that overwrite WPML's CSS.

For example you have this CSS rule which create the bullets:

ul {
    list-style-type: disc;
}

Custom code and CSS are out of the scope of our support policies unfortunately. However, I'd like to help you and point you in the right direction.
- You can create more specific rules, for example:
1. Remove the bullet and align items:

ul.elementor-nav-menu {
    list-style-type: none;
    display: inline-flex;
}

2. Add space between items:

ul.elementor-nav-menu li {
    margin-right: 10px;
}

That's just a quick example of what can be done. If you need further help with custom CSS I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

September 8, 2023 at 4:48 am #14363405

tomasB-2

Hi Nicolas,
thank you for your help. It partially helped me, but the final cause of the failure was in Elementor - I have contacted their support and they told me I have to "Regenerate data and CSS" in the Elementor -> Tools menu. After this step was everything ok again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.