Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing issues translating a string labeled as "Registered and locked" and cannot find it in the WPML settings for translation, the issue might be due to the textdomain not being loaded in the email context.
Solution:
We recommend you follow these steps:
1. Edit the file at

/wp-content/plugins/yith-woocommerce-request-a-quote-premium/templates/emails/customer-details.php

2. Replace the following code around line 25:

<h2 style="margin-top: 40px"><?php esc_html_e( 'Customer\'s details', 'yith-woocommerce-request-a-quote' ); ?></h2>

with:

<?php<br />load_plugin_textdomain('yith-woocommerce-request-a-quote', false, plugin_basename(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/languages/');<br />><h2 style="margin-top: 40px"><?php esc_html_e( 'Customer\'s details', 'yith-woocommerce-request-a-quote' ); ?></h2>

3. Save the changes.
4. Rescan the plugin in WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization.
5. Check if the issue is resolved.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 48 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Paola Mendiburu 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Paola Mendiburu.

Author Posts
June 4, 2024 at 9:14 am

enriqueV-8

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate a string that appears as "Registered and locked" on my site hidden link. I have gone to WPML settings but can't find the setting that is locking that string.

Symptoms:
The string "Registered and locked" cannot be found in WPML settings for translation.

Questions:
How can I translate a string that appears as "Registered and locked"?
Where in WPML settings can I find the option to unlock and translate this string?

June 4, 2024 at 10:36 am
June 4, 2024 at 10:44 am #15701409

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Please install the plugin on the following test site:
hidden link

Also we need to know the steps in order to send that email.

Thanks.

June 7, 2024 at 10:37 am #15714960

enriqueV-8

Hi Paula,

Sorry for my late reply. I just saw your last message today, when I received the "Still need help" email from WPML.

I have installed the "YITH Request a quote" plugin in the SAndbox provided. I also created one product to run the tests. But for some reason, the emails under "Woocommerce > Settings > Email" do not go through, and without receiving that email I cannot show you what is the problem I am facing with translations.

As the emails sent from the sandbox come from no-reply@wpml.org, I believe you need to do something on your side to activate the emails from the sender?

Thank you.

Enrique

June 10, 2024 at 7:49 am
June 10, 2024 at 7:50 am #15720472

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I have send you a private answer.

June 10, 2024 at 8:12 am #15720554

enriqueV-8

Hi Paola,

Thank you. I have received both emails. didn't receive the first one because I didn't have the option "Email notifications about ALL answers" activated, so now it should be ok.

I can install the plugin on the WP received. But if you prefer, we have a production site where you can do and undo as much as you want. Would you prefer that I grant you access to that site, or you prefer me to install the plugin on the WP sandbox that you just sent me?

Thank you.
Enrique

June 10, 2024 at 3:07 pm #15722930

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

In order to reproduce the problem we need to work on the test site I have prepared for you.

Please install the plugin YITH Request quote in the cloudways site.

Then let me know the steps to reproduce the issue and from where I can edit the email.

Thanks.

June 12, 2024 at 8:27 am #15729831

enriqueV-8

Hello Paula,

I have just installed the plugin "YITH Request a quote" in the Sandbox. I have also created and translated a product sample.

In the sandbox I still have the same problem, but interestingly, the strings that do not show as translated are different from my own website.

The emails generated by the YITH plugin can be found in Woocommerce > Settings > Emails.

In English everything goes well. The problem is when I use the Spanish translation of the Shop.

To test, please do the following:

- Go to Shop in Spanish: hidden link
- Click "Añade al presupuesto" on the selected item
- Click "Explorar lista"
- Fill in your name, familly name, email, then click on "Enviar tu solicitud".

You will then receive 2 emails:
1. The first one confirms your inquiry has been sent. This one is ok.
This corresponds to the email called "[YITH Request a Quote] Confirmation email for the customer"

2. After 1-2 minutes you will receive a second email, confirming the price of the product. It will then give you the option to Accept or Reject the quote.
This corresponds to the email called "[YITH Request a Quote] Email with Quote": hidden link

Here is were I am facing the problem.

Some strings are translated, but others are not:

The email "Title" and "Email description" appear in English instead of Spanish:

- Email Title: "Quote"
- Email Description: "Hi {customer_name}, You have received this email because you sent a quote request to our shop. The response to your request is the following:"

But if I search these terms in the "WPML String Translation", they both show translated under domain "yith-woocommerce-request-a-quote"

Why is this happening? What can I do to show the Spanish translations on the emails?

Thank you!

Enrique

ScreenHunter 3037.jpg
June 12, 2024 at 9:07 am #15730071

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Ok thanks a lot for letting me the steps.

I am investigating the issue.

June 13, 2024 at 3:45 pm #15737170

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I am preparing to send it to the compatibility team.

June 17, 2024 at 3:48 pm #15746362

enriqueV-8

Hello Paola,

Do you have any news from your team?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Enrique

June 18, 2024 at 6:20 am #15747438

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I am on it!

June 18, 2024 at 9:20 am #15748013

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

We are testing but we are not receiving the second email.

Could you please let us know how to recieve it?

I am reviewing the code.

June 18, 2024 at 11:02 am #15748611

enriqueV-8

Hi Paola,

I also tried, but it didn't work. I don't know why, it was working ok last week and the license of the plugin has been correctly transfered to this site.

I have opened a ticket on YITH, let's wait for their answer and I will come back to you.

Thank you.

Enrique

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.