Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing an issue where the translated popups in a multilingual Elementor site were not displaying correctly. Instead of showing the translated version of the popup, it was defaulting to the Dutch version on the French and German pages.

Solution:
We recommended the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Open the translated page using the manual editor. This can be done by editing the original page and switching the language from the admin top bar language switcher.
2. Edit the translation using Elementor and select the correct popup, then save the changes.

We also advised that updating the main page and then the translation should not overwrite these specific settings. To test this, we suggested:
1. Make a minor modification to the original page (like adding an empty space).
2. Update the translation and save it.
3. Check if the popup settings are retained.

After the client provided the necessary access and we checked the settings, the issue appeared to be resolved as the translated template parts of each popup were functioning correctly.

If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, either because it's outdated or it doesn't apply to your situation, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.68 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
March 13, 2024 at 2:56 pm #15404752

pietV-2

On my website built with elementor, you can download plans. When you click on 'download plan', a popup opens where you see a title, text and form. I have translated the popup and the page where it is possible to download the plans, but when I click on the link on my French or German page, the translated popup does not appear but shows the Dutch one when the link is clicked on.

Is this possible to do or should I copy my home page so I can link another popup?

Thanks in advance!

hidden link

March 13, 2024 at 3:13 pm #15404905

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support forum.

It seems to be a known issue could you please try these steps and confirm if this works:

- Open the translated page using the manual editor, not ATE or Translation editor. To open translated page you can edit the original page and switch the language from the admin top bar language switcher.
- Edit the translation using Elementor and select the right pop-up and save.

Thank you, please give it a try and let us know if it works.
Mateus

March 13, 2024 at 3:23 pm #15404990

pietV-2

This works thank you very much

And you're sure it's going to keep working this way? In the past, I have translated this way and the translation just went away again after some time, I had to redo this every time. Until a colleague mentioned to me that I should not do it this way. I had to copy the whole page or something

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

March 13, 2024 at 4:39 pm #15405557

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Updating the main page and then the translation should not overwrite this specific settings.

We can test to make sure.

Please proceed with trying to fix it by editing the translation as I guided before
Confirm that the issue is fixed
Make a minor modification to the original page(add an empty space for example)
Update the translation and save it
Check if the pop up setting will get lost

If it is not working after your tests, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

March 14, 2024 at 4:37 pm #15411555

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing those details.

I was able to login but it looks like my user is restricted.

I can only see the profile page, the other options are missing for me.

Can you please review it?

I've enabled the private fields again in case you need to send any other confidential data.

Thank you, please let us know.

March 15, 2024 at 7:29 am #15412786

pietV-2

I changed the 'role' of the user. Normaly now you have the full control!

March 15, 2024 at 1:59 pm #15414709

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

I checked it and I see that you translated the template parts of each pop up.

Now when I test it, I can no longer see the issue, please see:

hidden link

Can you confirm if the issue is fixed?

Or perhaps I'm test it wrongly?

Thank you, please let us know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.