Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jaronR-2 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 16, 2024 at 2:12 pm #16184341

jaronR-2

Background of the issue:
assign the same taxonomy terms as the source for each product translation.

Symptoms:
It's not loading

Questions:

September 16, 2024 at 2:40 pm #16184541

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me. I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

September 19, 2024 at 6:39 pm #16200581

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the access details.

I'm consulting our second-tier supporters about this case. I'll update you here once I have their reply.

I appreciate your patience.
Itamar

Also, please note that my weekend is Friday through Saturday, and I'll be able to continue to check this issue and help you on Sunday.

September 22, 2024 at 6:54 am #16205463

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Our second-tier supporter suggests the following.

While the current Time Limit is set to 1200 seconds (20 minutes), this may still not be sufficient for processing 17,000 products, especially if the operation requires significant server resources. I recommend temporarily increasing the time limit further to see if it helps.

Example to Increase Time Limit:
You can increase the time limit by adding the following line to your php.ini file:

max_execution_time = 3600

This will extend the time limit to 3600 seconds (1 hour). Alternatively, if you can't access the php.ini file, you can try adding this line to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_execution_time 3600

Max Input Vars: The current MaxInputVars is set at 2500, which could cause issues if a large amount of data is being sent in a single AJAX request. I recommend increasing this value to 5000 or higher.

Example to Increase Max Input Vars:
To increase Max Input Vars, you can add this to your php.ini file:

max_input_vars = 100000

Or, if you're using .htaccess, you can add:

php_value max_input_vars 100000

If adjusting these values does not resolve the issue, I recommend testing the setup in a minimal environment (with all plugins disabled except the necessary ones) to rule out any conflicts.

First, you must check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyTwenty-Four (for example). If it persists, deactivate all plugins except WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce without any extensions. Then, please check if the problem persists. If it does not continue, start by activating the plugins individually and checking when the issue comes back, then report to me which plugin was the culprit.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is live, you might want to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Regards,
Itamar.

September 27, 2024 at 8:05 am #16228747

jaronR-2

Hi Itamar,

Unfortunately none of these work. However we've found a work around outside of Woocommerce and WPML.