Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that despite translations being marked as complete, the 'Login / Register' strings in an Elementor custom widget were not reflecting on the front end.
Solution:
We resolved the issue by modifying the WPML settings to register the strings for translation. Here are the steps we followed:
1. Navigate to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML tab.
2. Add the following code to register the strings for translation:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>    
    <widget name="apus_element_user_info2">
      <fields>
        <field>login_register_text</field>
        <field>login_text</field>
        <field>register_text</field>
        <field>login_title</field>
        <field>register_title</field>              
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

3. Edit the original header and add an empty space to prompt WPML to recognize that the translation needs an update.
4. Edit the translation of the header where the texts will now be available for translation.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
June 24, 2024 at 10:58 am #15805937

tseggaiD

Question #1 seems to be resolved. I still have issue with the #2.

The strings in question for Login / Register shows that it is translated, but does not reflect in front end. This has been the issue for this one since the beginning. I have hard refreshed it many times. I followed the instructions in the doc you shared. I enabled auto register, I rescanned both theme and plugins, refreshed etc. For some reason, i don't seem to see any change

June 24, 2024 at 11:01 am #15805954

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing the access to the site.

I checked this and the text was coming from an Elementor custom widget. I was able to fix the issue by following the steps:

- Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML tab and add the following code to register those strings for translation:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>    
    <widget name="apus_element_user_info2">
      <fields>
        <field>login_register_text</field>
        <field>login_text</field>
        <field>register_text</field>
        <field>login_title</field>
        <field>register_title</field>              
      </fields>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

- Edit the original header, add an empty space just so WPML recognizes the translation needs update
- Edit the translation of the header, the texts will be there for translation

After I performed those steps the Login / Register button is translated, can you please review to confirm it is fixed?

Best,
Mateus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.